ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking noise

d6n

Ph2 172
I get a strange knocking noise when pulling away and when I come of the accelerator or going down a hill. It doesn't happen under acceleration.

It's sounds like it's coming from under my feet / drivers side wheel, suspension maybe.

It doesn't happen all the time, sometimes it knocks once and sometimes it knocks repeatedly for about 5 - 10 seconds!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  GTi 7.5 pp/Mx5 nd2
mine did something similar. turned out to be a loose bolt that held wishbone to subframe. fun!

d6n

Ph2 172
mine did something similar. turned out to be a loose bolt that held wishbone to subframe. fun!

got the car jacked up tonight, it's not the wishbone to subframe, that all seems pretty solid!

It could be something to do with the steering arm or clutch maybe?

anyone else have any ideas?

d6n

Ph2 172
UPDATE!

The knocking noise has got worse and always happens when i turn right!

Ball joint maybe?

ibiza cupra
mine doing the same mate. but seems to come from the passenger side. ive been told it colud be the cat knocking on the subfram because the engine/gearbox mounts are possibly worn. so going to change when i get chance but if you cure it, let me know what it is as ive changed the drive shaft as i was told it was that and it made no difference.

Looking for 182
I can feel a weird knocking noise through my brake pedal sometimes when braking and turn at relatively low speeds. Could this be the same thing?

mine has a wierd knocking too, i wasnt sure if it was a drive shaft or anything as the handling isnt great, either that or an engine mounting was my guess....

2001 Clio Sport 172
front wheel bearings? or strut?

I've noticed this problem too, will advise my mechanic when the car goes to the shop next month.

Going to sound really daft this but are the wheel nuts tight? I recently had a knocking noise that was more pronounced when I turned right. Turned out the wheel nuts had worked themselves loose.