ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking over small sharp bumps - ARB bushes changed already

Hello all

So after the ever increasing frustration my clio is causing, I thought it would have been over after changing the ARB bushes - but nope, the noise seems louder now!

Its an MK2 1.6si and I have already changed the coil springs, bearings, top mounts and tie rods - one ball joint is only two years old and theres no play in either of them.

THere is slight play in the inner tracking rod on the offside, but probably 1mm. Mechanic who done a general check over said nothing to worry about for now.

Yesterday i had a play with the offside driveshaft and there is up and down movement, quite a lot ? culprit maybe ? THere is a very slight knocking the nearside driveshaft too on full lock (only about 2 years old) but really got to try hard to hear it and accelerate hard on near full lock to hear it.

Really dont know what to change anymore. I thought maybe the inner arb bushes, these seems ok just by visual inspection, but they do have lots of cracks in them.