ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking rear end

clio 172 phs1 turbo
Hi guys as above got a bad knock over bumps in the x reg 172 phs1
the interia is completely stripped, coil overs, strut brace side exit exhaust is the only stuff at back.
any way I've been trying to find the noise for a while and I've got a noise/ squeak detector ( wires with microphone attached to ear phones) and the place I can hear the knock is on the nsr shock lower bolt.
tried shock top bolt the actual shock it's self, the hub the rear beam, the calliper and pretty much any around that area and it's only on the lower shock bolt I can hear it.
so tried packing the bolt hole with grease and even filled it with sealant which quietens it a bit but after 10 mins comes back. So I'm sure it's to do with the bolt or the bolt hole so question is has any had this or knows the cure
many thanks tom

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
what make are they?

I had a set of s**tty gaz units back in the day, and they knocked like f**k (they were new)

I diagnosed them by swapping back to o.e shocks for a few days, surprise surprise the knocking disappeared, then so the gaz units to ebay.