ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking rear suspension

Clio 182 Silver
Hi

I have had a knocking noise the last couple of weeks at first it was annoying now its making me angry.. popped it up on a jack today thinking might be the exhaust but exhaust was perfect..

Got a friend to jump in back lifted carpet up and he found it straight away its driver side rear suspension area.. if you put your hand on the metal under power you can feel it sort of vibrate hit that area above the wheel.

Its got so bad now I need to have it sorted..

Do you think the shock is gone or any bright ideas? can any moron fix this or is it a garage jobby..

Clio 182 Silver
I checked for oil around the area but nothing.. a friend of mine is a mechanic he took the cover of what i guess is a top mount and put some wd40 in there and on the underside on top of the wheel but its still doing it.. I thought was a knocking noise but he was correct its more of a squeek

can i take the whole thing off and re put on or is it not that easy?

Thanks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Have you checked both shocks for leaks? Unless one of the springs has maybe parted/snapped its definatley one of the shocks..

Piece of piss to remove btw