ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

knocking sound from front wheel

Clio dynamique 1.2
Hi guys I have a 2001 1.2 Clio dynamique. I have noticed that when I turn full lock to the right there is a knocking noise coming from the front left wheel. I am new to driving and don't know a great deal about cars so I was hoping that someone could give me some advice or knows what the problem is.

Thanks in advance

The test I've done before if the CV joint is only clicking round tight corners is go into an empty car park, turn the car full lock left in 2nd gear going in a tight circle, accelerate slowly and see if you can replicate the clicking knocking sound, then do the same right. If you can hear a click click click getting faster the faster you go its most likely CV as said above.

Then try and pin point weather its left or right side if it is that.

If its not a fast clicking noise it could be your track rod ends or lower ball joints.