ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking, sounds like wheels gonna fall off

hi there

I have a problem, i have a clio 1.2 8v 98 (no thats not the problem) and when i drive at about 30 km/h or if im coming to a stop or pulling off and i drive over an unevenish road ( ie bumps, road that looks like corrigated iron) i get a strange knocking sound from the front left arch area, and in my case thats the drivers side of the vehicle.

It almost sounds as though a bolt has come lose and something is jumping around there, however i checked the rim bolts and almost every other bolt i could find with the car propped up on a jack, but couldnt find anything lose.

Any ideas or has anyone experienced the same thing .... help please

apart from whilst parking, my top mounts also rattle whilst cornering on uneven road surfaces - could be top mounts

have you checked that the caliper on that wheel is free from excessive movement (compare with other side)? the sliders can wear and could (i'm guessing) cause a knocking

thinking on, there's really a bunch of stuff it could be - balljoint/s, driveshaft/CV - best to go through the front end to find out what it is

1998 BMW e46 323i
apart from whilst parking, my top mounts also rattle whilst cornering on uneven road surfaces - could be top mounts

have you checked that the caliper on that wheel is free from excessive movement (compare with other side)? the sliders can wear and could (i'm guessing) cause a knocking

Anyone know if the sliders can be replaced, and if so, part numbers?