ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knocking when I floor it?

Flame Red 172
Hi all!

Has anyone ever noticed a sort of knocking when they push the car? It sounds as if the exhaust is banging? I noticed at the back that it's a little bit wobbly, so I am going to stuff some rubber in the square bit (if you get that), which should hold that bit better, but it seems more near the front?

172 ph2
If I boot in first I get what I can only describe as a massive 'bang' noise. It doesn't do it in any other gears though

If I boot in first I get what I can only describe as a massive 'bang' noise. It doesn't do it in any other gears though

if thats when u change gear its defos ur engine mount

and i reckon its the heat sheild for around 4-5k thats what mines did

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The exhaust mount on the back of the car is quite new, but from what i gather on here they are all crap. Not abusing it in 1st are you?

172 FF

mm massive bang.. Mines a mild knock. Just the once and only the once even if pushed hard from 1st to 3rd. I can live with that..

In between cars....
There just the two engine mounts and the dog bone? Are any of them more common for going than the others?

Flame Red 172
The exhaust mount on the back of the car is quite new, but from what i gather on here they are all crap. Not abusing it in 1st are you?

It still slightly wobbles, so I'm going to stuff it out a bit more so it can't move at all aha!

Erm.. I think it's 1st and 2nd when I hear it? I'm not 100% sure, I will update later

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i had this, but when i fitted a decat it stopped. so its either the cats extra size was hititng something, or the decat was weaker and allowing more flex for the manifold to hit the bulkhead or something!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

It still slightly wobbles, so I'm going to stuff it out a bit more so it can't move at all aha!

Erm.. I think it's 1st and 2nd when I hear it? I'm not 100% sure, I will update later

If its a temporary fix the vibration will move to the next weakest point whatever it is thats rattling