ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

koenigsegg Render...

Don't get what?! The point of them, its a bit of a mixed one on why we do them because previously plans and elevations were enough.

Long story short the company I work for sells absolute top of the range kitchens (the beckhams being one our most well known customers) the owner of the buissness sets a yearly quota for how many we make, everything is bespoke so doing a small number a year acts as a quality control. Anyway he's always filled his quotas and there is often a waiting list. Doing visuals is something new to the company so what I do isn't to increase sales, but more so that we can choose our business, I.e we can ensure we win the jobs we want to win if that makes sense?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
No no no, I don't get how you do them. What the process is. I think I understand the kitchen is done using some CAD tool and drawn from diargrams and measurements to a scale.

what I don't understand is the car? Did you draw that yourself?

Sorry right, my mistake, no no the cars were library objects, drawn/modelled by someone else. Yeah the modelling is done at 1:1 scale on the PC so its drawn in actual sizes, but of course you view it at various scales.

This will probably only serve to confuse you further but below are 2 wireframes of recent jobs,

This one is one I have been working on today and is probably about 35% completed, basic base level furniture is in, worktops and part wall units. Lights, props, handles, cornice/skirting, soft dressings all still to be added.

6171908833_17accb98a4_z.png

Twigg Design 001 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

This is one that I finished last week, obviously more detail involved with a final model, but you can see the furniture, probs and with this example pretty basic lighting. I have done others that have stupid amounts of light from various light sources.

6172438652_be4385f4bf_z.png

Traynor Design 001 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

You can view these models in shaded form in ArchiCAD, but I often find it can be quite inaccurate, only at final dressing do I bother using shaded form. With regards to the cars they are exactly the same, drawn from various components to make one bigger picture, below is an exploded view of a 180 degree curved cabinet, this shows how the components are put together.

6171930041_3fb259284e_z.png

Twigg Design 002 by Eddie the Kid, on Flickr

Probably made it clear as mud but meh :)