ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Koni Adjustables fitted to my MK 1 172

Had the Konis fitted Saturday. The car sits even lower now with very little space between wheel and arch - if any.
Already had PI springs and the Std. shocks were starting to leak.

There used to be a horrible rebound on the std. shocks when hitting bumps, etc. This is now sorted. Havent had time to check out the handling in the twisties but I expect it to be slightly better.

Im thinking of lowering my 172 mk1 and was interested by this post, but Im a bit of a r****d when it comes to suspension, so... (dumbass questions ahoy!)

- Are the Konis just shocks - ie, youre still using the PI springs?

- If so, how does adding adjustable shocks make it lower?

- How much were they and where from?

- How low is your car now (approx. drop) and any chance of piccies!?!

Cheers,

Matt

Simon how long did you have your springs for before your shocks started to leak?. Matt the PI springs Simon bought lowered the car. While the Konis can be bought in a kit(shock and springs) or in a seperate form shocks only. Even tho ride height is primarily (spelling) controlled by springs the Koni is a shorter shock to match a shorter spring, so this would account for the increased lowering Simon has experienced.

Chun.

Matt theres nothing special about suspension. Ok the design of the shock and spring proberly involve complex equations to make sure they match and perform in a certain way. But in the end its a spring and shock that work together to control the car over a varyed surface and varyed cornering forces.

Chun.

I reckon I must have done 15K miles on the std. shocks with the PI springs fitted. The leaks were discovered after about 12K miles using the PI springs.

Have done lots of trips on bumpy roads as well !!

Bought them from Chris @ Carnossieur in Southend. Paid just over £315 for a set of four. He didnt make much on them so may charge some more.

Well originally the PI springs lowered the car 25mm at the front and 15mm at the rear. I would say that the Konis have taken it down a further 10 to 20mm all around.

For me the height is just about right now.