ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec branded Ramair ‘filter’

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So was in the process of removing a few bits from the car, took off my ktec induction kit and found this in the silicon and tb... I assume a filter should be able to filter dust? I know it’s very dusty atm but the car has literally been used for one trackday in the last month and otherwise has been sat in the garage.

83E2510D-C9C2-4336-BDDA-0E065BFE3C87.jpeg
65FACB67-6725-47CE-825F-38B40330CD32.jpeg
F269996E-4FB0-410D-A355-ACB1C762AEBA.jpeg

Dan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Was the filter ever oiled?

Yes a few times, although I will clean and re-oil it now as I assume this will be the main cause, I was just abit suprised how much was in there tbh. Will give all the intake parts a good clean as well!

Clio RS 172 2002
K&N reckon the filter performs best when it's dirty -- I guess a layer of dirt helps trap smaller particles.

I have a K&N panel in one 172 and a Ram Air panel in the other 172, both stock boxes. I have no doubt they restrict flow less than the stock paper filter (I have tested and measured) but does that really matter much, and is it with the trade-off for filtration?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I was going to test how my car performs with a standard box and uprated filter. Due to the recent heat etc, just curious. Havent got round to it yet.

That and no standard airbox lol

2003 Clio 172
How long since it was last cleaned? I do mine every 4k-6k. Inside of the pipe is clean...

Out of interest, do you clean the pipe as well as the filter? I've just bought a second hand ktec induction kit and was going to wash and oil the filter as a matter of course, but now I'm wondering if I also need to wash the pipe out too. It's black so probably won't show any dirt either...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest, do you clean the pipe as well as the filter? I've just bought a second hand ktec induction kit and was going to wash and oil the filter as a matter of course, but now I'm wondering if I also need to wash the pipe out too. It's black so probably won't show any dirt either...

You will clearly see a layer of dust in the pipe even if its black.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
How long since it was last cleaned? I do mine every 4k-6k. Inside of the pipe is clean...

The cars covered 6k in 3 years, I clean and re-oil it once a year, but evidently ive not used enough last time!

Mine is black lol :)