ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Coilovers owners advice please

Clio 182
Ah right, thats were the confusion has come in then.

Basically, I have a non cup 182, so should sell the coilovers before fitting them, and instead, order 4 new 182 non cup shocks from Renault and the cooksport springs ??

Mental 172 Cup
Just fit the Cup rear dampers, if the bolt spacing allows fit the front but it's not of high importance, it'll make a small difference.. Cooksport Springs and 172 Cup dampers.. It'll be spot on.. Good enough for plenty of fast road and track abuse mate.. You'll really be getting the most out of the car with that setup over K-tec coilovers..

Clio 182
Just fit the Cup rear dampers, if the bolt spacing allows fit the front but it's not of high importance, it'll make a small difference.. Cooksport Springs and 172 Cup dampers.. It'll be spot on.. Good enough for plenty of fast road and track abuse mate.. You'll really be getting the most out of the car with that setup over K-tec coilovers..

thanks for that Luke. Is there actually any benefit of the 172 cup dampers over normal 182 dampers though? Im not going to be regularly on track days, as i cant afford the bills that accompany it. and do i really need to replace working dampers that are on the car with brand new ones prior to fitting the cooksport springs ?

cheers bud :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
thanks for that Luke. Is there actually any benefit of the 172 cup dampers over normal 182 dampers though? Im not going to be regularly on track days, as i cant afford the bills that accompany it. and do i really need to replace working dampers that are on the car with brand new ones prior to fitting the cooksport springs ?

cheers bud :)

Cup dampers are the same at the rear the front cup 172 shocks are diffrent only..,the rear 182 cup shocks are diffrent from standard 182

Mental 172 Cup
No mate, not if you don't want to.. 172 Cup dampers are very slightly stiffer so you'll get less roll and stuff, but for the road, your dampers will be perfectly fine.. If they wear out then by all means go for Cup ones..

If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Hope this helps..

Clio 182
Yeah helps alot mate, thank you. think ill just sell the coilovers, order the cooksport springs, and if any of the dampers start giving me problems, ill replace them with brand new further down the line :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
You can change the rears yourself which will save you a bit of money!

My mate charged me 20 quid to fit all 4 for me. 100 is a piss take :eek:

Mental 172 Cup
Yeah helps alot mate, thank you. think ill just sell the coilovers, order the cooksport springs, and if any of the dampers start giving me problems, ill replace them with brand new further down the line :)

Good stuff, you won't be disappointed, just remember that it's good practise to change rear dampers in pairs.. So just bear that in mind..

Clio 182
You can change the rears yourself which will save you a bit of money!My mate charged me 20 quid to fit all 4 for me. 100 is a piss take :eek:
I don't think i've got the tools or skill to change the rears mate, wouldn't like to risk it20 quid !!! now thats a proper mate haha

Clio 182
Good stuff, you won't be disappointed, just remember that it's good practise to change rear dampers in pairs.. So just bear that in mind..
Yeah would definitely do that mate, always change everything in pairs :) Thanks for all your help

SQ5
You can change the rears yourself which will save you a bit of money!

My mate charged me 20 quid to fit all 4 for me. 100 is a piss take :eek:

So is £20! I've never charged a mate for work, he'll help me then ill help him another day!

Clio 182 FF inferno
So is £20! I've never charged a mate for work, he'll help me then ill help him another day!

I'll agree with Danny, mates don't usually charge each other I've never charged a mate or got charged by a mate

Clio 182
I need to get to know people on here quickly and start to get some of these car jobs done for free then haha :)

SQ5
I wouldn't do it for free for a CS member, although saying that most the EA lot I'll help out and only except petrol money, nothing for labour.

Most stuff is mates I've had since before driving

Clio 182
General stuff I do myself mate, but suspension etc, I leave to people who know more than me. Like I say, although the 100.00 is alot for this particular job , ive saved an absolute fortune on servicing etc compared to garages so I cant moan too much.

Ill have a see if someone can fit the springs for me cheaper though..... Ordered the cooksport springs today and the coilovers are already on ebay :)