ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec full exhaust for the V6

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

want to know if it will provide huge power gains. the price is consderably cheaper than benRs version, wonder what the differences are.

But by decatting the engine light will be on for sure.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

we will soon have a tool for keeping the light out

Andy
GDI

The system supplied by AWT (BenR) is comprehensive and makes a large difference in power, including the manifolds etc etc which are vastly different.

You wont get HUGE power gains just from an exhaust............the most you could hope for would be about 16 to 20bhp but thats using BenRs system and its more than just an exhaust, as Andy says manifolds etc.............I think!

Cya Stu

PS klio I sent you a PM about the gearbox oil!

[Edited by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 at 9:50am]

ST

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 02 June 2005

You wont get HUGE power gains just from an exhaust............the most you could hope for would be about 16 to 20bhp but thats using BenRs system and its more than just an exhaust, as Andy says manifolds etc.............I think!

Cya Stu

IMO if any of the above exhausts get a 16-20BHP gain its well worth it!

[Edited by 16vClio on 02 June 2005 at 9:54am]

^^^^^^yeah but that will only be with BenRs system I dont think there is any other exhaust that will give gains like that............and I think Bens system is about the 2k mark.............youre getting a lot for your money when you think that my ehaust supplied & fitted by Reno cost over 1k.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 at 9:57am]

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 02 June 2005
Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 You wont get HUGE power gains just from an exhaust............the most you could hope for would be about 16 to 20bhp but thats using BenRs system and its more than just an exhaust, as Andy says manifolds etc.............I think!Cya StuPS klio I sent you a PM about the gearbox oil!

[Edited by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 at 9:50am] IMO if any of the above exhausts get a 16-20BHP gain its well worth it![/QUOTE]

bens is very capable its not just an exhaust its exhaust + decat + mainfolds

the supersprint on the 172 with decat can release about 10 bhp

ST

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 02 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 02 June 2005

Cya Stu

IMO if any of the above exhausts get a 16-20BHP gain its well worth it!

You had one on your 172 didnt you mate?

Quote: Originally posted by McBunny on 02 June 2005Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 02 June 2005 Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 You wont get HUGE power gains just from an exhaust............the most you could hope for would be about 16 to 20bhp but thats using BenRs system and its more than just an exhaust, as Andy says manifolds etc.............I think!Cya StuPS klio I sent you a PM about the gearbox oil!
[Edited by stusV6 on 02 June 2005 at 9:50am] IMO if any of the above exhausts get a 16-20BHP gain its well worth it![/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
You had one on your 172 didnt you mate?[/QUOTE]

damn right i did :D i started the trend for good quality exhausts rather than the sh*te most people sem to get (well i like to think i did ;) )

Exhaust prices have increased this year and i am moving production to the UK to lower costs.

I always knew it was too expensive, but hey.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

the Ktec system also has the manifolds too right? Both systems are full exhaust sytems. If Bens system is the only one to get, then I ll have to save up for a while or wait til ben to cut some costs.

Why not move your production back here to China? :devilish:

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 02 June 2005

Exhaust prices have increased this year and i am moving production to the UK to lower costs.

I always knew it was too expensive, but hey.

Hooray for british manufacturing! (youre more patriotic than dyson then ;))

Quote: Originally posted by klio on 02 June 2005

the Ktec system also has the manifolds too right? Both systems are full exhaust sytems. If Bens system is the only one to get, then I ll have to save up for a while or wait til ben to cut some costs.

Why not move your production back here to China? :devilish:
You know what its like out there, not a chance in hell id move it over to china!!!

There would be 100 knockoffs out before i got my first one out!

Ben, can you share more info about your exhaust system? Do you have an online shop?

- a vee owner looking to make the V6 sound the way it should

http://www.angel-works.co.ukwww.angel-works.co.uk but there is nothing there, i hardly have any time to write the content at the moment.

I cannot find the thread with all the details about the system.

But roughly it consists of new manifolds, no cats,, link pipes and a rear box.

Noise isnt intrusive but very prominent.

Gains are roughly 15bhp

I do have some vids of the sounds somewhere, but i have a feeling its on my old laptop and i will need someone to host the vids. I think spammy still has the vids and can host them.

Talk to mitchy, he has the system on his V6 and can give you an honest answer of long term use of the system.

they didnt glow red sadly:cry: lol

but the box is alot lighter so it sits a tad higher to the bumper, but the tailpipes are adjustable and the hangers sag after a while.

Yes, around the 15bhp region....remove 2 log style manifolds, 2 restrictive cats, restrictive link pipes and 2 90 degree joins, a more efficient box. Its a simple gain.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

how much will the price go down by when you move the production ben?

thank you

hard to say without building a few first, as getting the jog sorted will probably cost a large amount.

Id like to aim for about £1500

If youve got the cash get your order in. Andy, if you do a kit to knock out the emissions light then please PM me, Im quite used to it but it doesnt mean I wouldnt like rid of it. The box does sit high for a while but Ben is right in saying that it settles down. You also have some room for adjustment in the end caps. A very tidily made system. Cant imagine driving my vee without it....how boring it would be!!

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

how much will the program be for getting rid of the engine light for the emmisions

Ill see if I can find something to make a half decent recording of it with. For those who are going Ill be at the RS Oulton Park Track Day in July.

Clio V6 255

Quote: Originally posted by mitch_ on 07 June 2005
Ill see if I can find something to make a half decent recording of it with. For those who are going Ill be at the RS Oulton Park Track Day in July.

Fantastic! im looking forward to this track day more and more!

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

I really want to get one of the full systems with the decats, but Ive been searching about the engine light problems and dont seem to be able to find a solution.

Is there a chip to take care of that? If so, how much?

I also heard about just pulling the second sensor out, but that doesnt really make sense to me. Can someone elaborate on that?

Thank you

Lionel Richie
  V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe

Isnt there a chip or a program to take care of it though? Im sure there are people who have already done this. How have they taken care of it?

Mitch, I know it was some time ago now, but did you (or anyone else) manage to get sound or video footage of the track day and of course the Orbisoud or K-Tec exhausts as discussed above?

Thanks