ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec induction kit air filters...

2003 Clio 172
I can confirm that Ktec induction kit air filters are definitely made by Ramair, as has been suspected. Noticed this on the bag of the replacement one I bought.
@imprezaworks you were right lol...
20180809_130115.jpg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yep. The ice had various ones and it’s the complete silicone bend that must make the noise difference. Ktec being louder.

2003 Clio 172
Does sound nice. Not much louder than the fatty set up, but more consistent across rev range maybe if that makes any sense? Does make me laugh that I'm paying about 30 quid for a Ramair filter, then an extra 20 for them to print KTR on it ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tbf it’s a business, and they sell. I guess most stuff is like it. Cleaning stuff as an example.

My exhaust drowns the noise anyway. I’ve got a standard Airbox with Ktec filter to try out.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yar, we knew it was made by Ramair when it came out :p I believe its custom made to their spec so not sure you could buy it direct from Ramair, you certainly didn’t used to be able to. The silicon is also custom made which I assume is louder/flows better as there are no joins and its reinforced, that’s why I use it rather than making my own.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
K-Tec have the exclusive rights to this air filter and only RAMAIR make it and sell it for k-tec.

You cant buy it direct .

Wonder why no one made a replacement hose like the Ktec one?!?

Once again its K-tec that have the exclusive rights to this and im sure its Samco that actually make the hose as I spoke to them about colour matching the silicone hose pipe. Once again Samco will only make & sell to K-tec.

(Im 99% its samco but I could be wrong as it was a long time ago)