ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec mild steel system?

Ph2 172
Looking for a system for my 172 has anyone got the mild steel fitted?

Tempting due to price difference and it will probably still out live the car tbf

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Think dan@519 had one on his old itb'd 172.
He rated it. Not much noisier than standard. Said it lasted really well whilst it was on the car

Ph2 172
I have the ktec recessed system. No booming.

I think the stealth system is louder inside the car than outside because all the noise is within the bumper.

i have wondered that actually because of the noise is being pushed under the car rather then out i just want a nice sporty sound when having a spirited drive that doesnt make my ears bleed driving day to day

Ph2 172
if i didnt want to keep it in the bumper as much as poss thats the system i would get tbh i just really prefer the flush look without a tailpipe

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
The mild steel system is only 2 1/4 system where the stainless is 2 1/2

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
We had one with 197 cams and RS2 inlet, so circa 200bhp, worked well, sounded nice.

Did eventually fall apart but was a few years old at the time.

As is always the way with such things it of course chose to fail miles away when we were in the middle of a Ring/Spa trip, lol.

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

Luckily a quick favour from Rent4Ring with their welder sorted it:
DSC_0180.jpg

So back on
DSC_0181.jpg

and on with the holiday
les-ring-downhill-3.jpg

Main reason for failure was just too much strain on the joints where its a bit poorly designed and not very well gusseted, if I had one again I would just weld a couple of extra brace bits on while its still new and im sure you would get 5+ years out of instead of the 3 or so ours did.

Really quiet exhaust, passed noise tests everywhere, was quiet on the motorway, and yet still sounded a bit sporty when you put your foot down.

I think its a reasonably good product, just needs a bit of extra bracing and you are sorted for ages.

Ph2 172
if a decent secondhand stainless doesnt come up in the next few days i might just look to order the mild steel then as i can get braces put in easy enough