ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC STEALTH OR GDI STEALTH?..

PH2 172
Iv been thinking long and hard and iv decided to get a stealth system but aint sure if i should get the KTEC stealth or the GDI stealth. What one is better and i dont want it to be really noisy just a nice note when giving it some cheers peeps.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
IIRC the KTEC one is made by Janspeed and the GDI one is made by Piper.

Both are pretty good exhausts from reputable companies. Better waiting for some opinions from owners who have them on their cars though.

You could always go the custom route like me. I paid £230 fitted for a powerflow stealth, nice and quiet:cool: Thats got to be a £100 saving on the systems you mention.:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive heard the mk2 k-tec stealth sounds horrible although ive never heard one in real life.

theres a video on you tube if you search "gdi stealth" of it on a cup and it sounds really nice! its what ill be getting

I'm gonna get a tweaked Janspeed (KTec) Stealth I think.

I have family that work there.

Quite a lot of other companies resell them as well, not just K-Tec btw.

Last edited:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yozzasport stealth, although quite pricey.

Agree'd!

Ph1 stealth was lovely! Made by Tiger!
Ph2 is horrible! Raspy and sounds cheap!

GDpie - no sure, didn't like the recess one but stealth is prob fine. Sounded ok.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Other exhausts are available!

Prospeed, Hayward and Scott, Quicksilver, Yozzasport.
Sadly TBR dont make stealth's

Lionel Richie
YS stealth, unbeatable quality
DSC_0240.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=266675

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
I'm gonna get a tweaked Janspeed (KTec) Stealth I think.

I have family that work there.

Quite a lot of other companies resell them as well, not just K-Tec btw.

Sorry, but no-one else sells our stealth exhaust system that Janspeed make for us.

David.

Last edited:

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Agree'd!

GDpie - no sure, didn't like the recess one but stealth is prob fine. Sounded ok.

Sorry, but our system does not sounds raspy. We could make it sound raspy be removing the centre silencer but tha is the main reason the silencer is there.

And just to throw a spanner in the works for those comparing our stealth to the GDI stealth, not all have been supplied by Piper ;)

David.

53' 172 Cup

Agree'd!

i have the 2nd stealth from k-tec and it sounds flippin gorgeous mate....if u have decat as well then the sounds completely different and rasps like hell. if oe cat fitted its lush

Clio F1 R27
Agree'd!

i have the 2nd stealth from k-tec and it sounds flippin gorgeous mate....if u have decat as well then the sounds completely different and rasps like hell. if oe cat fitted its lush

I agree all these comments about the k-tec stealth sounding bad is not true. Mine sounds awesome and ppl love the sound of it.

PH2 172
I havnt heard a GDI stealth i was thinking about goin down to prospeed and getting a stealth but aint sure would ratehr just order a KTEC stealth or a GDI stealth

PH2 172
What should i go for a GDI stealth KTEC stealth or go to PROSPEED and get a custom made stealth any thoughts just dont want to buy one which is goin to fall apart.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Get a yozzasport! I was gonna go for the stealth, ended up buying a louder one, i'm addicted to hammering it now.

A4 oil burner !!!
I went from a magnex cat back, to a powerflow stealth back box (very loud) to the ktec stealth latest reincarnation.
I am v happy with the sound of it, yes it can sound a little throaty at certain rpm's but when you boot it i think it sounds great !

Still not sure you can have the rear box so the pipe is not visible at all without it fouling on the metalwork or heat shield. You can see mine a little but its not too TDI looking !

Last edited:
  Suzuki Swift Sport
Yeah ive got the second KTec racing stealth and am very happy with it :) ever so slightly raspy when its cold, but sounds great when its warmed up! (ive found most ss exhausts ive had on other cars are the same when not fully warmed up)

Also have 2nd gen ktec stealth on my cup and am very pleased with it. When warm sounds great and the best bit for me it is not boomy when cruising at motorway speeds, can hardly hear it.

Clio 172 mk2
That powerflow stealth doesn't look stainless/quality at all

I'd reccomend the K-tec system, Janspeed make top notch exhausts

306 GTI-6
I am having my K-Tec Stealth fitted Next wednesday, can't wait. Its for a 1.6, not a 1*2 but I shall be posting pics and a vid once I collect it from the garage.

Woohoo, 500 posts!!