ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTEC stealth SUPERSPORTS just arrived!

53 Clio 172
New exhaust just arrived and can't wait to get it fitted already! its going to sound loud just need help to fit it now,anyone wana lend a hand? :D
19092010053.jpg

Disastra Coupe
I'm looking into getting another Clio and i'm wanting a 172. Also this is the exhaust i'm thinking of having. Let me know how you get on with it pal, if you don't mind. How loud etc.

On the K-Tec site it looks to be exactly what i'm after! :)

Ph 1 172
The exhaust system is fairly loud but not crazy loud, I have one on mine and it was raspy at the the top end. Only complaint I have is that it's extremely droney on the motorway in 5th gear between 55mph-70+mph. Decat it and it goes ridiculously loud, sounds like a f**king rally car lol

Disastra Coupe
Hmm, well my Saxo is... very loud, plus the fact it's completely stripped. I would like it to be quieter than the Saxo, feel like i'm outgrowing it now... But i'd still like it to have a nice tone.

Ph 1 172
Just don't decat it and it should b find lol think the ktec fits really well as well, the weigh a bit though so I changed my exhaust mounts whilst the exhaust was off as well

53 Clio 172
I will let you know what I think of it! Hopfully get a vid up on here as not many people go for the supersports and always asking how much louder it is! also I havn't got any engine mods so car is standard too

Where can I get exhaust mounts...quickly?

Ph 1 172
Renault or NW performance

NW performance ones are really good and quick delivery. Might not be needed if your mounts are in good condition

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I run the K-Tec SS Stealth, with 182 Manifold and Sport Cat.... Its Loud but not stupid loud IMO, Its just a pity it weights as much as the Moon!

53 Clio 172
yea when I got the pipes out the box I did think to myself that its pretty weighty! looking forward to hearing bit more noise out the trunk!

Had mine on for a few days now, its pretty loud, and in hindsight i should have gone for the slienced centre section, but hey-ho maybe i'm getting old lol

172 with k-tec sound
i have the supersports recessed, had it about 6 mths now and its got louder gradually, id hate to think what it would be like decatted

320d
The exhaust system is fairly loud but not crazy loud, I have one on mine and it was raspy at the the top end. Only complaint I have is that it's extremely droney on the motorway in 5th gear between 55mph-70+mph. Decat it and it goes ridiculously loud, sounds like a f**king rally car lol

I found it worst between 60 and 75. You get a load of boom, which is far from ideal as its motorway cruising speeds.

53 Clio 172
Tom84 off here is giving me a hand to fit it this sunday so fingers crossed il let you know what its like next week!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Hmm, well my Saxo is... very loud, plus the fact it's completely stripped. I would like it to be quieter than the Saxo, feel like i'm outgrowing it now... But i'd still like it to have a nice tone.

From your post above i'd suggest the BTB. Same price as the kbrand, but a considerably better product imho. BTB certainly feels to give more torque than my previous kbrand stealth too. :)

Black 172 PH2
i have the supersports recessed, had it about 6 mths now and its got louder gradually, id hate to think what it would be like decatted
Loud!
I have the Ktec supersport with de-cat.
I avoid motorways lol
Love the sound though when im blasting down a good B-road.

Clio 172
I have the ktr stealth non supersport with sports-cat.

Would it make any difference in gains (less or more) if i would remove the centre station?

53 Clio 172
Right! Well got it fitted on sunday with help from the good man Tom84 off here! Its pretty ruddy loud and its already a tad annoying at low revs but when you boot it the sound just gets better and better!

Love the pops when its cold too :)

clio mk2 1.4 16v
is this exhaust much quieter on the 1.4 16v? as i dont fancy the supersport if its going to sound like cack on the motorway.

53 Clio 172
Not sure what it will sound like on 1.4 but it def won't be as loud as the 2.0

If you travel on the motorway whatever you do dont get the supersports! :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
BTB mate the boooooooooooom is awful on all ktec units! Trust me, i've had them both

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Any one able to accurately measure the bore on the Ktec system? I've got an early stealth system and it's defo less than 2.5 inch id, like the system im just looking for an actual 2.5 inch id system

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Janspeed being the Mk2 stealths?

If so utter toss, had two!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The Janspeed being the Mk2 stealths?

If so utter toss, had two!

monaco 172
I take it all these complaints on ktec stuff is only for 172's?

My 182 ktec janspeed supersport system is spot on, not too loud,miles lighter than standard and doesn't booooom

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I doubt you have they've only been available a few months

You sure fella?

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1088

I had my first around June 2007, looked the same as that. I bought it on the performance French car mag review which mentioned that Janspeed made it, and iirc they had it dyno'd there on their Cup. The second one i had was fitted to that Cup I bought 2009, 1 month old, exctly the same, boooomy w**k. Then I sold it to Pablo on here, he's f**ked it off for a BTB. There is no comparison imo.

Clio Sport 172
hello i have a KTR ss and go from Portsmouth to Southampton every day and like the rest from about 60-75 it dose your head in. but looks good fits well only thing i had was my rubbers was old and snapped them but was not a problem as i had new ones ready. very good and nice glad i got it. people sat in the back don't like it tho. but like i say ( i don't drive from the back so don't care )