ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec stealth to a recessed supersport

I've got a Ktec stealth on at the minute, I'm thinking of getting a supersport.. What difference would this make? Louder, more responsive etc.

also please suggest some alternatives to the recessed, other makes of exhaust..

I've currently got a stainless steel 2.5 inch de silenced de cat pipe, so I'm not looking for a full system, just back box

cheers.

phase 1 172
my cup had the supersport on and was quite nice,discreet enough to sneak in from night shift but sounds the part when you give it the beans

172 Cup
Different back boxes by the same make will make barely any difference in sound, an especially 'response' it'll just look different.

So on that basis decide on which you'd prefer to look at everyday!

You'll also find a back box from one particular brand might not fit so well on the centre pipe from another, etc etc.

phase 1 172
the supersport is the version of ktec stealth with a straight through centre section instead of a silencer

the supersport is the version of ktec stealth with a straight through centre section instead of a silencer

Mine hasn't got a center section lew, just straight through as you said, but with just the stealth backbox..

I do prefer the look of a straight out pipe instead of a down pipe as it looks a bit .. tame?

Do you think I could just order the backbox from ktec rather than the full system?

Different back boxes by the same make will make barely any difference in sound, an especially 'response' it'll just look different.

So on that basis decide on which you'd prefer to look at everyday!

You'll also find a back box from one particular brand might not fit so well on the centre pipe from another, etc etc.

Oh and thanks for the info mate, much appreciated!

172 Cup
I'm sure you could just order the recessed back box from K-tec, just seek guidance on cutting your bumper!

I'm quite happy with my stealth so I can't help you on that one ha!

I'd like to hope so mate!

might also help if I had something to cut it with as well? hah

any idea how much stealth's go for 2nd hand? may as well get a couple of pennies for mine..

172 Cup
If you're just selling the back box I have no idea ha!

But if its the full system, a good condition cat back Stealth makes around £200. Maybe £250 as a start price