ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR 750MC spec coilovers

172 Cup, MK1 172
Has anybody fitted these coilovers to a MK1 172 (or other 172/182)? I'm having a problem with the dust covers/bump stops not sliding freely through the plastic spacer between the main spring and helper spring. This has already resulted in the dust covers being damaged. Also I cannot set the front units to settings recommended by KTR (300mm from wheel centre to arch, closest I can get to is 315mm on max lowest adjustment). I have tried fitting solid top mounts (recommended by KTR) but it's the closest I can get. Rear units are fine and only half way down on the adjusters. I am being told it is the difference between 172 and 182 that is causing the issue. I wasn't aware there was that much difference (apart from bolt spacing)? I have spoken to KTR who can't (or won't) give me an answer. Any help greatly appreciated.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
There's no difference between a 172/182 only the ff182 and 182 cups. All the others are the same