ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR/Janspeed Exhaust Video

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Thought id quickly share a video I made yesterday of my exhaust now its decatted. Only ever made vids on my phone and the sound is shite so I borrowed my girlfriends camera for a bit :) First time I've really heard it myself from the outside, more raspy than I expected :)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Audi A5
i got the same exhaust system with a decat on mine, i thought it sounded a bit poo from the inside but if it sounds like that from the outside them im happy :)

clio 182FF
sounds nice. Im guessing from the link you provided on the YouTube video that this is the version without the silencer section? I have the same set up but have the silencer, i would be interested in the difference in noise - do any of you know if its an easy swap in / out like a decat or does it mean a complicated new setup?

On another note i have just had to put my cat back in and i forgot how much of a difference it makes to the noise. I find the noise quite strange with the cat actually, almost doesnt sound like an engine at times lol. Think the decat will be back on although i dont miss the boomyness of it when going up hills as i didnt want to sound like some noisy boy racer! Out of intrest do you find this setup too loud or is it bearable? Not sure about the rest of you but if i have passengers in the back with the decat they always complain about the noise haha

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
sounds nice. Im guessing from the link you provided on the YouTube video that this is the version without the silencer section? I have the same set up but have the silencer, i would be interested in the difference in noise - do any of you know if its an easy swap in / out like a decat or does it mean a complicated new setup?

On another note i have just had to put my cat back in and i forgot how much of a difference it makes to the noise. I find the noise quite strange with the cat actually, almost doesnt sound like an engine at times lol. Think the decat will be back on although i dont miss the boomyness of it when going up hills as i didnt want to sound like some noisy boy racer! Out of intrest do you find this setup too loud or is it bearable? Not sure about the rest of you but if i have passengers in the back with the decat they always complain about the noise haha

Yes, I'm running it without a silencer. The silencer is just as easy to swap in and out as a decat, just have to under the small center exhaust mount.

With regards to the noise, it can be quite noisy, no denying that, and it can get quite irritating on motorway journeys but its the price you pay for it. I rarely take rear passengers and if they complain they can walk.

clio 182FF
Yes, I'm running it without a silencer. The silencer is just as easy to swap in and out as a decat, just have to under the small center exhaust mount.

With regards to the noise, it can be quite noisy, no denying that, and it can get quite irritating on motorway journeys but its the price you pay for it. I rarely take rear passengers and if they complain they can walk.

haha yes i tell them the same and then laugh that i dont get the noise like them! Might have a look at this straight through section instead of my silencer then, im guessing it would add more burble and rasp again along with some more noise! Not sure about you but when i have my decat i would nearly always get backfires when it was cold for the first 30 secs lol

Mini Cooper S
Sounds good!! I don't have the decat as I find it loud enough but that video makes me want one :)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
haha yes i tell them the same and then laugh that i dont get the noise like them! Might have a look at this straight through section instead of my silencer then, im guessing it would add more burble and rasp again along with some more noise! Not sure about you but when i have my decat i would nearly always get backfires when it was cold for the first 30 secs lol

Yeah it'll just be overall alot louder manifold back. Yeah my pops and bangs for a few minutes on cold start :)