ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR ramcharger induction

Wow these look well cool, has anyone bought one yet
if so what the quality like and the air filter that comes with it
is a pannel filter or a induction kit, the more info the better it looks great
just hope it performs well to.

nice price buy the way, well interested in getting one

:) shorty

quite quick about a 1hr on turbo charge

but on to the topic has anyone got one of these induction kits
or have had a look at the website and thought the same as me they look
well cool, what i need is for someone to say thay got one on there 172
and has pics and comments
cheers peeps

shorty :)

i believe theyre made by a french company. cant remember the name unfortunately, but I remember I saw pictures on a thread on http://www.rs-team.orgwww.rs-team.org suggest you do a search there on "admission directe" or something like that. I remember reading that the unit is made of plastic and incorporated something similar to a std panel filter, so not too sure what the point was..

The std airbok on mk2 172 is good with only one inlet duct opened at low revs to improve torque and the two inlets opening at high revs for power. I have a BMC CDA myself with short-ish ducting to get max high rev performance, but I am doubtful how much of an improvement it would have made on its own.

BMW 320d Sport

Well its certainly another option. And seeing as I dont know anyone whos been unhappy with a BMC or Viper style of replacement induction system, I should have thought this might work in the same way. Looking at the Clio Cup cars at Rockingham I saw the induction up close, pretty simple really - the airbox is attached to the throttle body by about a foot or so of hose, then the entry to the box is attached by another foot or so of hose from the side of the box to the ram scoop in the headlight.

Yes thats the best way to avoid bends etc. problem is we have the battery in the way and need the headlights to remain street legal. Ive got my 70mm induction hose from the BMC weaving its way down to the lower grille, but its got two bends i dont like...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

seeing as it says availible from mid july i dont think ne 1 will have 1 yet will they ?

BMW 320d Sport

So the answer is, put a NACA scoop in the bonnet just above the airbox and hook it up directly - scoop to box all sealed up. Of course you cant open your bonnet then unless you use collapsible hose (silicon/wire helix brake ducting pipe should do it?) but I cant see why you couldnt do it.

i just had a e-mail from ketec and a nice photo of the filter showing the insides can someone send me the link to uploading

its in teh members list nxt to KDFs name.

Still..........all this is a bit excessive for freaking induction kits!

a hole in the bonnet for ZERO bhp!

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 24 June 2003

cos it might look a bit cack?!
lmao, and this week on blue peter we will be making induction kits and cutting holes in bonnets, now remeber we will be using tin snips so make sure you have an adult with you

Clio 1.6 16V

yes mate i seen this before well put together,
thats one of the things i thought about, the size of the filter is small
looking at your airbox, and they want £105 for it you should start making them, it looks loads better than the ktec racing version why dont you get in contact with them show the your version and they could improve on theres
i build the website and you can sell them.

shorty

Clio 1.6 16V

Yep you could be right there Shorty. Thanks again for your comments. I just like dabbling with these sort of things .. Im an engineer by profession and generally never do / design things by half! I should really exploit these things to the full! ........ K-Tec .......if your are interested I still have the cardboard cutout prototype!

looking at the ktec version , the intake pipes do nothing, because of the ramcharger but if they took a look at yours they could include the intake pipes aswell giving more airflow,

to me if you guys got together the ramcharger would be great

its good you posted that picture you can compare the both

cheers mate
shorty

CTR EK9 turbo

no offence intended, but whats wrong with the standard airbox? surely renault invested quite a few £$£$£ into developing the engine etc. If you want noise, just take off the cold air feed pipes......just a suggestion....and it costs £0

Clio 1.6 16V

What cold air feeds? LOL Both pipes, well one especially sucks in hot air! I reckon Reno blew that part of their budget by developing that stupid vacuum controlled valve, gave up and left the job half finished!