ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Tuning Packages! WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got the money to throw at it and it wouldn't harm you financially then why not? If I was in a "money's no object" situation I'd seriously considering having the work done.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
a s/c cup would be awesome! I say go for it!

yes its a waste of money, but so are hookers and lager in some peoples eyes.....

like some are saying, you have a very individual, seriously quick fun hatch

I dont drink (much) average night out can be £100 so dont that most weekends and theres enough for a s/c by the end of the year.

Drink?
S/C?

I know where my cash is, have been thinking about this conversion, thats why i bought another clio :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hmmm, with £4k would i supercharge a clio, or buy a 286bhp throttle bodied RWD legend:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1423268.htm

I'd buy the M3.

(edit: i would have done if it hadn't sold within one day!!)

I don't think you actually exist.

I reckon there is just an automated reply that goes out everytime you switch your computer off.

CS member: I need a new football kit

SirDave: You need an M3, its much better than a Football kit.....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
The clio would out perform the BMW

Yup, it would be massively faster. But faster isn't necessarily more fun.

I don't think you actually exist.

I reckon there is just an automated reply that goes out everytime you switch your computer off.

CS member: I need a new football kit

SirDave: You need an M3, its much better than a Football kit.....

You need an M3, its much better than an automated response device ;)

you'd be blushing at a clio going past you

Not really, i've be laughing my head off trying to control my RWD monster, not yawning as my s/c clio flattered my driving ability ...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
tbh, I have driven a few M3's and its not my idea of fun. The SC clio is alot more fun IMO

Andy

e91 330d/type r mini
tbh, I have driven a few M3's and its not my idea of fun. The SC clio is alot more fun IMO

Andy
my m3 is as much fun as the s/c clio i have driven but in different ways, anyone can drive a clio fast but it takes alot more skill and effort to get things right in the m3 imo

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Here we go again lol. Fwd is epic fun up to a point. You reach that point, then you Congo rwd. No offence inended, but I'm hardly gonna put much stock in the opinion of the guy selling the kit telling us a Clio is more fun than an m3.

But this has been discussed. Rwd does things fwd can't. Fact. End of. Done.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
my m3 is as much fun as the s/c clio i have driven but in different ways, anyone can drive a clio fast but it takes alot more skill and effort to get things right in the m3 imo

Nail. Head. If you wanna go fast without much skill, fwd.

White Evo V
How many are there on here now?

To my knowledge in the uk there is:
Pauls at RST - Ph1
Mine - Ph2 172
Dannys - Ph1
Adams - Ph2 182
Jons - Ph1
Another from GDI - Ph2 182

However every single one is running different power! To my knowledge Pauls is the only high boost conversion, so far! :)

Last edited:
  SQ5
Lol try getting out of a 90 + degree bend fast in a fwd car with 240! Its not a case of just pinning it, rather than oversteering into the grass you understeer into! They are both different cars but the same principals apply with control!

And before people go on, yes i've driven rwd cars on track too!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Andy

I wonder if you'd have the same opinion if you sold M3 parts ;)

+1

This thread is heading the same way as the others...

Which proves the point, people are amazed at the daftness of chucking £4k at the engine of a clio, so they express themselves via text, in the hope that others will see sense :rasp:

Seriously though, 250bhp through the front wheels and no one even mentions an LSD ...

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Sorry but I've had both the E36 and E46 M3s and would not touch another one with a barge pole so I would rather discuss supercharged Clios.

There are plenty of M3 forums you can discuss how sideways you can get ;)

David.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
General chat is for the pissed up beer talk. This is internetz serious shizzle ;)

Sorry, forgot that ;)

internet-serious-business-cat.jpg

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
well I own a Clio, I have a choice what I drive. I am not required to own a clio.

RWD is good fun, but not my cup of tea ( i would actually choose a caterham etc for that )

They actually have good traction with the SC as they dont delivery it agressivly.

I totally understand the M3 and people liking RWD saloons etc ( I used to own one ).

Andy

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Lol try getting out of a 90 + degree bend fast in a fwd car with 240! Its not a case of just pinning it, rather than oversteering into the grass you understeer into! They are both different cars but the same principals apply with control!

And before people go on, yes i've driven rwd cars on track too!

There's a big, big difference. Understeer is horrible. Oversteer is not. You can complete the corner with oversteer. In fwd, you have to back off.

e91 330d/type r mini
Sorry but I've had both the E36 and E46 M3s and would not touch another one with a barge pole so I would rather discuss supercharged Clios.

There are plenty of M3 forums you can discuss how sideways you can get ;)

David.
barge pole "whos got a barge pole?" :rasp:

ITB'd MK1
Which proves the point, people are amazed at the daftness of chucking £4k at the engine of a clio, so they express themselves via text, in the hope that others will see sense :rasp:

all it proves it people who will never do anything interesting like to tell others they shouldn't either TBH

SQ5
There's a big, big difference. Understeer is horrible. Oversteer is not. You can complete the corner with oversteer. In fwd, you have to back off.

Again if you were to power over out of a corner in a rwd drive car it would only work properly if you have an LSD too! Which I think is what was said earlier about a fwd not having an LSD ;)

SQ5
all it proves it people who will never do anything interesting like to tell others they shouldn't either TBH

Good point danny, they go on and on about m3s because they've driven them, yet they haven't driven a sc Clio! Most people on here that have driven an sc Clio HAVE driven an m3! Think that says a lot!

e91 330d/type r mini
i do lve the s/c clios and if i had £4k spare there would definately be one making an appearance on my 172 :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Danny, as you actually have one, i'm just wondering if you have any kind of diff fitted at all? Whilst i understand that s/c is alot smoother than a huge dollop of turbocharged boost, id still expect it to be a bit of a handful at times ...

I ask, as my golf shows fairly upsetting FWD tendencies (with only 230bhp) in a much heavier car designed for that sort of power :(

SQ5
I still get a 5k kick which is a bit like a turbo coming in! In the wet it will spin, in the dry in first and second I do get a bit of torque steer but it's manageable! I would like to get an LSD fitted soon but it's not too much hassle at the moment!

e91 330d/type r mini
unless you have been out or driven a s/c clio you really cannot appreciate how WELL they get the power down, when i drove pauls which was over 300bhp at the time, it was still very good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.