ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kwick Fit Oil Change

Looking at getting both Engine and possibly Gear Box oil replaced within the next week or so. Iv owned the car sicne the turn fo the year but for a peace of mind i wouldnt mind paying a little bit to make sure everything is running okay.

Does anyone know rough how much each/both cost?

Or would you recommend going to Renault/Local Garage?

Cheers

Have thought about that or even a guy round the corner that does bits and bobs to cars.

I take it both jobs are pretty simple?

wouldn't bother with gear box oil tbh

How come?

I had a quick blast in the search and quite a few pople say it seems to improve the feel of the ger box.

On the OpieOils site and have get together filters/oil for Engine/Gearbox/Brakes and new spark plugs. so may look to get everything changed.

Spending around £90 in total. Would it be cheaper to get it done at a garage do you think?

E30 318iS x2
Spending around £90 in total. Would it be cheaper to get it done at a garage do you think?

No. or rather, hell no.

From your writting though you don't come accross as being tremendously confident about it, (just an observation not being harsh) so make freinds with a mechanic and just ask if he can give you a hand for a pint down the pub or something, that way you have some one experienced and you can also learn from helping out.

My 2 cents worth of naff all.

Last edited:
Im not too confident tbf. I know theres not too much that can go wrong (well maybe not but you know what i mean) but id rather have it done properly.

The guy roudn the corner from me i mentioned is a mechanic come police officer so he does know his stuff. Fitted my Brembo Discs/Pads a few weeks back.

Is the Engine/Gearbox/brake oil cahnge a long job? Dont mind giving him money for the hassel if i buy the stuff but it can sometimes be awkward to know how much to oferr etc

Any other help/ideas appreciated.

PH1 172 Sport
With the gearbox oil make sure you get the right grade and most on here recomend castrol gear oil.

I would get the guy round the corner to do it over Kwick Fit. Maybe get him to show you how to do it.

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Kwik Fit will do an oil and filter change for £35 IIRC. They use a genuine Renault filter and Mobil 1 fully synth. I got mine done on the 182 last autumn and watched them closely and they did a good job. Of course, i could have just been lucky, but at that price it's a bargain. Can barely get enough Mobil 1 for a full change at that price.

Cheers.

Maybe shout it up at the end of the month. See what he recommends and how much hed charge. £90 ish for all sets of oil as said above but if kwik Fit do it For £35 for one job then thats a big saving. The Engine kit on the above site was around £45 for the oil and the filter.

Ph1
No need what so ever to touch the gearbox oil unless its cranked up a fair few miles and is getting particually notchy.

Not sure how Kwik Fit stock genuine filters or even Mobil 1 as they bulk buy :S

dzm

Inferno 182 + cup packs
Bulk buying Mobil 1 is how they get the price down. Comes in big drums, you can see them when they're doing the oil change.

Ph1
Why would they be bulk buying a oil which costs double the amount of a regular oil say Castrol when majority of their traffic is going to be run abouts and family cars? :S not to mention the limitations with the 0W 40 grading.

Dosent add up :S