ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lacquering Problem

BMW 320ci
I lacquered my side trims yesterday (3 coats of it) and left them to dry overnight. This morning I found them to be nice and glossy but they still felt abit matty. Ive since rubbed them down with a scotchbrite pad. Just wondering would it just need more layers? Or is there another reason why its going like this.

Cheers

106 GTI
scotch pad will make them go dull
Also leaving them in cold temps to harden wasnt a good idea

Id giv it a light rub down with an 800 grit then re laquer during the day then bring inside for the night to harden

BMW 320ci
scotch pad will make them go dull
Also leaving them in cold temps to harden wasnt a good idea

Id giv it a light rub down with an 800 grit then re laquer during the day then bring inside for the night to harden

Yeah I've rubbed them with the scotch pad to make them go matty again so I can re-lacquer. The guy in the paint shop said he thinks it might be because I didn't put it on heavy but when I done it was soaking :S.

106 GTI
Yeah I've rubbed them with the scotch pad to make them go matty again so I can re-lacquer. The guy in the paint shop said he thinks it might be because I didn't put it on heavy but when I done it was soaking :S.

Give them a sand instead of the scotchpad then apply more laquer, leave for a day to harden the buff up with a polish.

T-cut is good as its very abbrasive and should bring up a nice glossy shine

106 GTI
allow it to dry for around an hour or 2, then move it without touching the painted surface and make sure its rested not on the painted surface