ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lake district teaser - Topless action

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'm sitting around bored right now, waiting for the mrs to arrive, she took 90% of the holiday photos on a new little nikon compact I treated her to, but as usual, I took the car ones :eek:

Ahead of my usual write up, here's a few pretty pictures.

CIMG2870.jpg

CIMG2868.jpg

CIMG2877.jpg

CIMG2867.jpg

CIMG2876.jpg

For those who care:

Yes, the car's all fixed and I'm a very happy man, quality of work is excellent and I couldn't be happier with their level of communication. The window regulator broke as I picked the car up on thursday evening, they got a part asap and had the car ready for me friday afternoon before I went away first thing Saturday. Result. :) Would really recommend them to anyone.

Also, I spent all yesterday removing 3/4 of the lake districts bug population from my front bumper, got the car looking lovely and just tried to take some photos, but it started raining on me.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Re: Lake district teaser.

Really must treat the wench and myself to a week in the lakes.

Car looks awesome.

Looks like an awesome place! I'll bet the zed was far more entertaining than that A3 could ever dreamed of being. Good to hear you got it all sorted in time too!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
So jealous mate. Swap? Lakes look awesome, I love it up there.

I'm going to drive it like you drove my Trophy at CSS, fyi.

Mini Cooper S
Looks good mate, definitely think the CSLs are needed. It's a 3.0 BMW, needs to look a bit more agressive!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Gay question, but how was it on fuel Rob? You've got me looking now...

Spot on mate, I can't wait to have a bit of topless action myself! I'm off on Thursday if you want to bring the Zed over for a spin :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I hope you're all ready for some multi quote madness....

CSL.

Yep I'll be about mate, popping down?

May well do on Saturday?

Awesome Rob! hows the door? :p

Fully functional :D

Back to a standard you're happy with Laura? :rasp:

Enjoying driving it?
Looks well, glad its fixed!

Enjoy driving it? You'll be able to read more when I get an hour or two to sit and do a proper write up, but the car is genuinely immense. I know a lot of people think of them as "not a proper sports car" but seriously, so. Much. Fun.

So jealous mate. Swap? Lakes look awesome, I love it up there.

I'm going to drive it like you drove my Trophy at CSS, fyi.

Oh dear.... Swap? Maybe for a week if I need five seats ;)

Looks good mate, definitely think the CSLs are needed. It's a 3.0 BMW, needs to look a bit more agressive!

I think they'll be going on shortly if I'm honest, just got to get a LOT of money together for them :S

Didnt even text me to say you were up </3

Sorry mate, I had planned to drop you a line closer to the end of the week, but got some bad family news and it messed up my plans a bit.

Nice pics :) How I miss that weather, as it's currently snowing here.

Also - I'm so getting a zed.

If you're anywhere near roads like those, then there's not a lot out there that's better VFM with decent running costs.

Dont replace those lovely wheels with anything less than 19" csl's.

I won't be, hopefully in two months time or so I'll have some funding.

Remember I said I was/am up here this week? Well FU;

That's snow, Robert.

Just LOL, like genuine LOL.

I guess you've got to try and see the funny side of it?

The topless pics of Rob are better. Then there's the ones of his mrs, private moment needed TBH.

I wondered if you'd found those....

Spot on mate, I can't wait to have a bit of topless action myself! I'm off on Thursday if you want to bring the Zed over for a spin :)

I'll give you a shout this week sometime, what day it'll be I can't say for sure.

PM? :rasp:

Cheek!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
yes, im happy now... Just dont do it again lol.

P.s can you send my log book off now please haha

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Glad you got it back in time pal! Looked like you got there for the good weather, it's all snowy now as JD has just proven!

You're taking me for a top down spin in this at CSS, you have no choice in the matter.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
yes, im happy now... Just dont do it again lol.

P.s can you send my log book off now please haha

Yes I can, sorry it's taken so long! I'll do it tonight for you!

Car looks larvely now though :D

New steering wheel to go on this weekend, and possibly some extra carbon wrapped bits.

Glad you got it back in time pal! Looked like you got there for the good weather, it's all snowy now as JD has just proven!

You're taking me for a top down spin in this at CSS, you have no choice in the matter.

I can't believe the luck we had, I spent 99% of the time up there in t-shirt and shorts!!!

No issue with taking you for a spin, I'll have an even better handle on it then, so it'll be fun :evil:

Oh and Luke, I forgot to answer you... economy... over 1201 miles, 34.4 MPG average.

600 of those were driving like a maniac too.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Oh and Luke, I forgot to answer you... economy... over 1201 miles, 34.4 MPG average.

600 of those were driving like a maniac too.

Spot on mate. So tempting! I've been craving a convertable for the past few weeks.

E85 3.0i
If you're anywhere near roads like those, then there's not a lot out there that's better VFM with decent running costs.

Over the moors near here 100%, on the look for one now and trying to work out what specs etc. I'd want

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Spot on mate. So tempting! I've been craving a convertable for the past few weeks.

When I take you out in it (in the next few weeks at some point?) I think you'll want one. Badly.

At the moment I'm totally in love with it, literally like a big kid every time I drive it.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
can you not say its really s**t... just for a bit so i dont feel so bad about driving the rep mobile.

Z4
Everyone wants a z4 on here now haha!
Ive wanted one for the past 6 months or so but I'm house saving...so tempted to get a zed before the house though!

Ive been looking at the specs too, they don't all come with xenons do they?! Mad.
Id want the full kit: leccy heated leather (pref red on a black/grey car!), xenons, parking sensors, speaker upgrade, not fussed for satnav.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
no mine old one ( this one ) doesnt have xenons. one thing i did wish it had tbh.

you dont need parking sensors your pretty much sat on the boot haha

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Everyone wants a z4 on here now haha!
Ive wanted one for the past 6 months or so but I'm house saving...so tempted to get a zed before the house though!

Ive been looking at the specs too, they don't all come with xenons do they?! Mad.
Id want the full kit: leccy heated leather (pref red on a black/grey car!), xenons, parking sensors, speaker upgrade, not fussed for satnav.

Seems so! I buy car's and everyone wants them :cool:

Mine's only missing two options IMO, heated seats and Xenons.

You REALLY REALLY do not need parking sensors as Laura says, it feels like you're about to headbutt whatever's behind you before the car hits it!

You've got a good list there though and there's LOADS of minters going on the z4 forum, good cars come up all the time. Red leather looks awesome, but only on black/grey as you said, black especially. A couple of beautiful cars have sold in the last few weeks on the forum, wish I could pinch some options! Ha!

Surely if you get an early zed it won't cost you much over the 182?

no mine old one ( this one ) doesnt have xenons. one thing i did wish it had tbh.

you dont need parking sensors your pretty much sat on the boot haha

Xenons would be nice, are the lenses different do you know? Or is retrofitting HID's a good idea?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I need heated seats in my next car. It's a must.

I want a Z4. Anyone want to buy a very mannerable 3 1/2 year old?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I need heated seats in my next car. It's a must.

I want a Z4. Anyone want to buy a very mannerable 3 1/2 year old?

LOL!

I'd love heated seats, but they're not really a necessity. In the summer with the top down I'd never have them on, and most of the time when it's colder, I'd have the top up!

I can definitely see my self buy another one of these in 18/24 months... but by the time I've put the mileage even higher on this one it'll be worth pennies!

If you come to CSS again mate, feel free to have a go. (Yes I want a drive in the fiesta)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
When I take you out in it (in the next few weeks at some point?) I think you'll want one. Badly.

At the moment I'm totally in love with it, literally like a big kid every time I drive it.

Will bell you when I'm back from holiday next week mate and we'll get something organised, we're due a catch up anyway.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
LOL!

I'd love heated seats, but they're not really a necessity. In the summer with the top down I'd never have them on, and most of the time when it's colder, I'd have the top up!

I can definitely see my self buy another one of these in 18/24 months... but by the time I've put the mileage even higher on this one it'll be worth pennies!

If you come to CSS again mate, feel free to have a go. (Yes I want a drive in the fiesta)

I'm there but i'm coming down baller style. BA flights to Heathrow. All booked, Hire car... :eek: IR DISSAPOINT...

ad51f356.jpg