ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambda + sports cat woe

M3 SMG
:(

Second Lambda in 6months, cars undriveable now as needs a replacement.
Its a 2004 FF 182, is there a special Lambda/uprated one i can get as i cant be dealing with replacing a £70 sensor every 6months.

Or just whack the standard cat back in?

Help!

ValverInBits
nah. Post cat lambda does very little. It's main purpose is to check the effectiveness of the cat.
The pre-cat is the only one the worry about.

Never heard of the post cat lambda stopping the car working! It does nothing apart from check the cat's working!

M3 SMG
it still moves, but looses all power. EML that has flashed up before was diagnosed as the Lambda and brake pedal sensor. Im guessing its the lambda...

It will be getting diagnosed properly though...

Clio 182 Cup FF
mine went on mine however so far no problems since, i did find it seemed to lack a bit of power though.
if you find a better one be intresting to know which one you get

ValverInBits
hang on. Have you tried changing the pre-cat lambda? and are you sure it is the lambda at fault? is it in limp mode? have you considered anything else (map sensor...)

edit: I've had my post cat lambda in poor condition, i've got oil on it (not supposed to), and i ran for ages without the sensor even in the exhuast. I'm pretty confident your problem is elsewhere.

M3 SMG
Im going by the codes that the eml flagged up and local garage gave me printout and it says downstream lambda seensor. It still ran but struggled with no power splutterinng and lumpy as hell. Taking it to local garage tommorow to get inspected.

Just fired it up now and it turned over fine, eml has gone out too. Im wondering if the hot weather caused it?

M3 SMG
Update:

Took it to my local garage who i trust, found the lambda (post cat) was stuck to the cat and not in the hole :|
So basicly it had melted and was reading the open air, not the exhaust.

Lambda has been replaced, car has never run smoother or more responsive!

Very happy its all sorted :)

ValverInBits
so your saying that the post/downstream/after cat lambda has made a difference to the car's running?

Nothing else was changed at all? Were the wires melted?

Maybe this is a difference between 172ph2 and 182