ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lamborghini insurance quote - amazed!

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
Right - the missus is looking at getting a Lotus Elise, so I was putting through the details on Admiral's site to get an online quote. While picking the car out of the list I was in the L's obviously, and there was Lamborghini! So I thought, whilst I'm here, I'll put a quote through for me on a Diablo VT - dream machine!

Yes, I'm 31, and yes I have 9 years NCD, but the fully comp quote with protected NCD and £50 voluntary excess was £1335!!!
Couldn't believe it... just need to save the £50000 for the car now!

I expected it just to reject the quote like most were doing for her on the Elise! Tempted.......

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
£250 compulsory (+ the £50 voluntary) = £300
£50 windscreen
£200 Fire/theft

Feel a remortgage coming on!
Anyone else put ridiculous cars through for a laugh and been pleasantly surprised?!

Turbos.
I was expecting like a £10k compulsary!

Thought about getting a VX220 instead btw? Much cheaper to insure, same as a 172.

Alfa Romeo 156 Lusso
I suggested that, but she says it's too 'boxy' - even though it's pretty much the same car...
women!

muz

big fat japanese bus
we were looking at getting an elise but the insurance group 20 killed us, which is why we are going the MR2 route.

Tried a TVR as well but no one on confused .com woudl in sure me!

al

ST on the way...
My mate (gazeratti on here) put a 98ish Viper through and it came back at about £600, with tesco!

Mk1 Clio, 1.4RT
How about £30 a year more for a Williams 1 than i paid last year for my mk1 1.4 RT???. Now you tell me tesco!