ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LAN problem on mum's PC. HELP!

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Windows 10 and an older PC but it works. There was an automatic update a few weeks ago and then 2 days later she cannot get online.

The LAN wifi adapter is there on hidden devices but it's kind of greyed out. It tells me it's working correctly but there is a connection problem. I've tried everything (even booting up in the BIOS thing and it told me that the LAN was enabled). The driver is all there and it's the latest one for the PC. I cannot get it to connect to the PC, if you know what I mean. I even did the thing when you take the PC back before the update and it mad not difference. Plugged in my mates dongle tonight and that works fine. Unplug it and there's no connection.

HELP!

I've been online and tried so many suggestions but nothing works 9i'm no PC expert as you can tell). My mum doesn't want to go back to factory settings as it's a pain for her to copying everything onto a USB. I've told her not to take it to a repair shop so our only option is to buy a USB dongle that we know will work. Before I do that is there any definitive solution to this issue?

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Open device manager, make a note of the drivers installed. Then uninstall the drivers. Let it discover it again and see if it reinstalls. Check the driver this time, see if it's different. If you can separately, download the vendor drivers and install manually.
Google the update + the WiFi hardware device id, see if others report the same.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
As above
Go in to device manager
find the wifi adapter under network
right click and choose uninstall device
once its uninstalled, on the top menu, click Action - scan for hardware changes.
It should now reinstall it.

it should hopefully work now - you may need to put the wifi password in again possibly.

If that still doesnt work then reset the TCP IP Stack:
Click the Start button

• Type Command Prompt in the search bar

• Right-click the Command Prompt icon and select Run as administrator

• If prompted, select Yes to allow changes to be made to your computer

Then type netsh int ip reset and press enter

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
As above
Go in to device manager
find the wifi adapter under network
right click and choose uninstall device
once its uninstalled, on the top menu, click Action - scan for hardware changes.
It should now reinstall it.

it should hopefully work now - you may need to put the wifi password in again possibly.

If that still doesnt work then reset the TCP IP Stack:
Click the Start button

• Type Command Prompt in the search bar

• Right-click the Command Prompt icon and select Run as administrator

• If prompted, select Yes to allow changes to be made to your computer

Then type netsh int ip reset and press enter
The first part I did and it didn't work.
The second part i'll try tomorrow.
Thanks

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
What baseboard product do you get listed, if you run systeminfo from the command line?

1730068190437.png

Out of curiosity - how old is the BIOS revision reported?

1730068264825.png