ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Saw this while working the other day. Was looking a bit sorry - damage to the rear bumper, rust on the rear arch and a lot of sun damage to the carbon bits.

PXL_20210802_134246694.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Aye, R888R, this set haven't been brilliant and worn out after just three trackdays.

How do you rate them compared to the Yokas though? Stickier enough to warrant the wear rate on track? I hear the ZZRs are meant to be awesome, too. The Caterham boys swear by the Avons over the 888s

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I had AD08R before and they were great, my brother has AD08RS and doesn't rate them as highly.

I want to find something a bit harder compound that doesn't go off or wear as quickly. I need to find someone with ~1300Kg that's used the MRF ZTR.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Auto torque have an interesting evo 5 for sale that definitely won’t be used as intended 👀

Not quite sure on the price tbh, yes it's pretty much new, and was owned by Richard Burns, but it's a standard Evo 5!

They're also asking something like 130k for a red TME that's still shod with Fullrun tyres.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
The Burns car is pretty unique. It's originality, mileage, and connection to him will make it worth way more than most Vs I would have thought.

Someone paid £600k for his '00 RAC Rally-winning Impreza didn't they? Would sit nicely in a collection with that.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite sure on the price tbh, yes it's pretty much new, and was owned by Richard Burns, but it's a standard Evo 5!

They're also asking something like 130k for a red TME that's still shod with Fullrun tyres.

Yeah I saw the Mak at £135k and thought it must have been something special but it seems like it’s just a normal red one on 45k miles unless I’m missing something.

X J07HAM

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 200/RS 182
Spent the morning looking at evos to buy, come on here and stumble across this thread.

This has not helped. :ROFLMAO: