ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancia Montecarlo

Clio 172 & Lancia
For anybody that's interested this is my weekend/fun car. Its a 1977 Lancia Montecarlo spider, it isn't perfect and is a bit of an ongoing project but its something a bit out of the ordinary.

545930_10151517091220758_1611955843_n.jpg

57998_10151514500945758_1828195618_n.jpg

1003358_10151759164700758_2120740779_n.jpg

321399_10151561017760758_1013090549_n.jpg

This is what it looked like this time last year

225361_10151429127240758_1967276762_n.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality pics.

Clio 172 & Lancia
Love it ! :clap:

Reminds me of Herbie Goes to Monte Carlo. It must be an absolute PITA to get parts for?

Thanks.

Not too bad actually, they share a lot of parts with the fiat X19 and the engine is a 2L fiat twin cam shared with lot of other models so mechanical parts are OK. Body panels are a pain though, a new wing is around £700 and made to order for example :S.

Clio 172 & Lancia
Very unusual, I like it, am I allowed to make a sweeping rust comment??

haha yeah if you like, they're really not as bad as they're made out to be. Vauxhalls and ford of that era had the same issues, I think maybe Lancia got a raw deal from the media.

Clio 172 & Lancia
There was one of these at silverstone classic last year and it looked epic. Great choice for a weekend toy!

I'll see if I can find any more pics. It's basically had a new bonnet, rear bumper, Intergrale Evo headlight and grill conversion and a front end respray to remove some rust at the top of the front wings. I'll be having the doors re skinned soon too and the rest of the car resprayed. I've just picked up a set of twin Weber 40 DCNFs too :D.

Clio 172 & Lancia
Awesome!

Do you have any details/pictures of how it made it from its condition last year, to now?

I'll see if I can find any more pics. It's basically had a new bonnet, rear bumper, Intergrale Evo headlight and grill conversion and a front end respray to remove some rust at the top of the front wings. I'll be having the doors re skinned soon too and the rest of the car resprayed. I've just picked up a set of twin Weber 40 DCNFs too :D.

MINI-R32-integrale
Love it, but a little biased bring a Lancia integrale owner. Few years ago now, but I sold a set of Compomotive MO's on eBay to a guy in Belgium who drove over via Dover/Calais ferry to my house near Silverstone and back to Belgium in one day to buy them as they were for his Monte Carlo.

RenaultSport 172
Had a silver s1 as my very first car back in the day
repainted it and retrimmed it.put a guy croft engine in it
sold it as i needed something a bit more modern
would love a 037 though

MCS 2003
Love it - an orange one in the next road opposite West Thames College - I had a Fulvia 1.3s with a flat 4 and two twin choke carbs back in the late 70's - one word about Lancias RUST.

Swift Sport
I had a toy model of one of those as a kid, so to me that's ultra cool! It reminds me of Herbie also :)

What's it like to drive? Sporty with good handling, or not?

Clio 172 & Lancia
I had a toy model of one of those as a kid, so to me that's ultra cool! It reminds me of Herbie also :)

What's it like to drive? Sporty with good handling, or not?

Great neutral handling being mid engined. The brakes take a bit of getting used to as they have a habit of locking at the front and its a bit under powered I suppose, I have a set of twin Webers to go on though which should help on that front.

Clio 172 & Lancia
Love it - an orange one in the next road opposite West Thames College - I had a Fulvia 1.3s with a flat 4 and two twin choke carbs back in the late 70's - one word about Lancias RUST.

Yep. Most of the problem areas on this one have been sorted now though thankfully and being a weekend car it doesn't see winter roads anymore, just the doors to re skin now and i'll be happy.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

Love these.. and Fulvia's

I saw an orange Monte Carlo one in Kensington last week! I wonder if it could be the same car you know of.