ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lanoguard and ACF50

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Anybody used these?

I just got a NC MX5. Its a 25th Anniversary. But its only done 4k miles in 7.5 years and I was told it had never seen rain. And underside looks like it just rolled off the production line.

Now its life is about to change. It will still be garaged when not in use and will likely do 4k a year so still an easy life. But will get driven in rain and across winter.

I could just use and accept I wont have problems probably in my ownership given its freshness or could get professionally undersealed coating its shiney newness. But Lanoguard & ACF50 seem to be a bit less 'black gunk'. I accept they wont have the impact resistance and may need reapplied annually. But may keep the underside looking fresher. Application seems to be more of a quick spray using £20-30 of formula.

Anyone using these and can comment after a couple of winters of use?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I use ACF on my coilovers and they still look relatively new since they were put on 2 years ago, and i haven't exactly kept up with the maintenance of them.

They do a thicker version called Corrosion Block which might be better for you.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lanoguard smells like horse s**t and needs to be applied every 6 months.

My mate did the underneath of his Landrover and followed the instructions to the letter And it worked really well. Bit of a ball ache doing it every 6 months though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Acf50 or Xcf corrosion block are both great products. Acf 50 needs more regular top ups compared to Xcf which is thicker. Both excellent for winter corrosion protection, combine it with some corrosion block grease and your sorted.

Ive seen the lanoguard, but not used it myself.

406 V6, Race Buggy
Bilt Hamber UC is clear, dry film wax, sounds like just what you're looking for. Used it before it's been great stuff.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
ACF-50 is brilliant.

im super against covering an underside of a vehicle in black underseal stuff.
Although ACF/Lanoguard need applying more regularly, you can keep an eye on things.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Wow loads of Bilt Hamber products.

This is what it looks like at the moment. At 7.5 years.

IMG_7341 small.JPG