ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Charge Problem :(

RS Meg 175
Just thought id post my problem that on the off chance someone may no what is wrong with it!

Basically i have a Hewlett Packard V1000 Pavillion.

Had it for a few years its been fine but lately its not been holding charge.

So we got another battery...still the same.

Got another charge cable...works but doesnt hold charge once you remove cable.

Now im baffled unless it needs some sort of modification or customisation to the MB?

Anyone shed some light??

2002 Cup172
personally it sounds more like something has burnt out on your motherboard to me.

google is your best bet.

1 Series Coupe
It'll be the DC socket on the motherboard. Stress can fracture the solder joint. Best best is to buy a new socket and solder it on. I've done this for 5 or 6 people now. Works fine afterwards.

EDIT
I've possibly miss-read OP

Better than yours. C*nt.
Don't know. Sounds like charging circuit is cream crackered. What does Windows Power Management make of it all?

SLK250 CDI
I had a Compaq laptop about 10 years ago that exhibited exactly the same behaviour and turned out to be faulty charging circuit - was a common design fault on that model as it happens.