ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop help...

Lou

Hey guys i'm wanting to purchase a laptop but have no idea what to look for etc!

All i really would use it for is the internet, storing pics and music.

Also transferring stuff to and from phone, psp ,mp3 player!

Any help appreciated!

Lou :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Is money an issue?

For basic tasks such as that, a Celeron processor would be sufficient, the Celeron is the budget range processor

Alot of things should be decided 1st though

Is screen size important?
Will you be multi tasking?
Do you need a DVD / CD writer?

either way, Dell have some good deals and if you can get it bought as 'corporate' you will get it cheaper than usual.

Lou

Dont really wanna go over £700!

Would like it to have a cd re-writer! Wi-fi would be good too

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I've just spent under £500 on something similar so don't spend more than you have to Louise.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Good spec that Louise. Should certainly shift. :) Have you got a monster memory card for your PSP? I've just got a 2GB one so will be ripped DVDs onto it - need a decent PC for doing that quickly. :) When will yours arrive?

Lou

It says 1-3 days but with monday being a holiday probably Wed or Thurs!

Ive only got the 1GB for PSP at the moment!

Black 182
Nice laptop looks good and powerfull. Where is the best place to get large GB cards for PSP. I got a cd rom with all the bits for customising the psp but I need a larger card to store all the data. Only ones I have found are expensive.

That looks like a great laptop for the price! Will be after one for my niece soon but she's only 6 so won't need one as high a spec, unless of course I want to borrow it ;)