ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Problem!

yesterday i booted the laptop up and it came up with the message: 'windows cannot load the locally stored profile. possible cause of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile.'

so clicked ok then it says its logging on a temporary profile and any changes will be lost when shut down.

all my files have gone and most of my installed programs, anyone know what i can do to get it right?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
log in as another user wwith admin rights and see if you can access your 'my documents' folder under your profile name!

you will need to create a new login profile, but you'll want to make sure you can get at and copy over your my docs.

ok, the administrator profile was the only profile on here so couldnt log in on another to see if my docs were there or not. but ive created a new profile and that message doesnt come up anymore but still lost all my files.

anyone got anymore ideas how i could get them back? or they gone forever now? lol

no, i always logged on as administrator, it was just called that by default i guess, which is the one that buggered up. just got my name as the new one