ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop wont boot up

Audi S3 225
Hi, my sisters laptop wont boot as it says the file vgaoem.fon is missing. Ive downloaded it from the internet and just need to try and get the file back into the system.

Anyone got any ideas. Ive tried a few bootdisks and they dont seem to work one on a cdr and the other on a usb stick. The laptop doesnt have a floppy drive. The cdr one gives me an error and the usb just loads and does nothing.

Any other ideas or decent bootdisks i could use and also once they have loaded how do i copy the files across?

BTW its running windows xp media center and is a Toshiba Equium model no. PSAABE - 00800EAV. and just found out she has lost the recovery cds that came with it.

Thanks guys

Allan

Last edited:
  Audi S3 225
Ok ive managed to get hold of a media center sp3 setup disk and have gone into the recovery console. I did the chkdsk on the main drive and it says errors found but no mention of fixing them!

All i need to do is copy this one file to the hdd but each time i do so i says file not found. Its as if the cdrom drive cannot be used in recovery mode as when i try eject it nothing happens.

is this correct D:\i386\vgaoem.fo_ C:\windows\system

any other way to get a file copied over?

Thanks