ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Large rubber bush like item fell out of suspension

Clio 172
Hi Guys,

Swapped by front and rear wheels yesterday due to track wear and notice a large piece of rubber sat in the o/s/f spring. I'm assuming its some form of bush. So the question is, Do I need to replace it? What does it actually do? And is this a susepnsion off job?

Clio 172
IMAG0936.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The idea for a bump stop is to stop you going "coil bound" under heavy compression.. basically will mess the handling up if that happens..

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Is it a necessity to get them done? I'm guessing its a safety issue?

Yes and yes. Plus potentially you are damaging you spring and possibly damper ( depends on the design ) every time you go to max bump.. That can be in corners, compressions or corners with compressions in them. Also bare in mind that it is a tuneable item for Renault so it has an effect on how the car handles, it's not just for protection.

Clio 172
I'll enquire about some new front struts then, not too dear I believe and they would come with the bump stops. Then to get them fitted.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
New shocks WON'T come with bump stops. They are a seperate part so don't go buying new shocks expecting them to be there!

Clio 172
Ordered an OEM set from Wests. Colin has been very helpful especially after Renault Leicester were intent on supplying me with top mounts.