ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last pics of my Trophy

keo

Clio Trophy
Sold my Trophy last month, here are the photos i took after a wash and wax i was going to use for the pistonheads advert. I sold it without advertising it though which was nice.

FC200D60-4C86-4869-B4F7-1827AA42863C-461-00000036F98446FB_zps7cd8ccab.jpg

F2F3F4BE-7A7F-40B8-AD31-21453EDD00B9-461-00000036EF74471A_zps0e9769e0.jpg

62570FD1-FE4E-4C4B-A264-76E4B880DEA1-461-00000036E64A7EC7_zps6cce2540.jpg

26660421-E208-486D-8DFC-AFC3C2E1F765-461-00000036D9CCD9D7_zpsba132d7c.jpg

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
They do scrub up well, it looks lovely!

Was it standard, and what was the mileage? What made you sell and what have you up/downgraded to?

keo

Clio Trophy
In a way i regret selling but i had it four years and fancied a change but i thought about keeping it forever at the end of the day its only a clio with fancy dampers and seats. I am buying my first house so the decision was made to sell when my dad said i could have his car. (Silver volvo, you can see it in one of the pics.) as he had a new car. The fact i didnt need to advertise it and i got a fair price worked in my favour to sell it as well.

I thought it was a sensible and right thing to do at the time. Only mods were a pro speed exhaust, brembo discs and 2500 pads. It had done 51k miles, fully maintained and looked after.

So gone from that to a boring Volvo estate, but i do plan to get a toy now i have a big garage will be in 12 months or so give me time save up and get the house sorted. Quite fancy a Caterham R300/ Superlight to keep in the garage. As i wont need pratical if i keep the volvo. Always fancied a Porsche as well.... Just depends how much offshore work i do next year. Cheap dc2 or mx5 might tide me over on the fun stakes and not cost the earth while doing the house up. So in honesty i realy dont know what is next! Always looking on pistonheads, but the house will take priority for now.

Didnt realise i had typed this much, sorry for rambling on!

Trophy #491
Heres hoping i'll never have to sell mine :)

Looks really nice. Go on treat your self to that porshe!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I'm possibly going to have to sell mine too! For possible house purchase too but I'd much rather keep it. Im
rather attached to it now even if it is a clio!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Very nice that mate, shame you had to sell but needs must.

A Caterham wouldn't be a bad replacement tbf though!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Looked a nice example. .. id of kept it as I doubt it would go down in value. . Can I ask what it sold for? ?

keo

Clio Trophy
Thanks everyone i sold it for £5k, maybe i should of kept it but i had my fun time to move on.

keo

Clio Trophy
Randomly came across this 11 years later. Iv not been on here for years! I still miss my trophy! Shouldn’t have sold it. I saw it up for sale a few months ago I’d of loved to buy it back but it had been messed with track spec etc

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Randomly came across this 11 years later. Iv not been on here for years! I still miss my trophy! Shouldn’t have sold it. I saw it up for sale a few months ago I’d of loved to buy it back but it had been messed with track spec etc

I'd sell mine to you if you want one back? Has 44k miles, original spec apart from exhaust and retrimmed stering wheel. Incredible history and condition. I want to buy an alpine instead.

You'd need 25k+ to tempt me.

keo

Clio Trophy
I'd sell mine to you if you want one back? Has 44k miles, original spec apart from exhaust and retrimmed stering wheel. Incredible history and condition. I want to buy an alpine instead.

You'd need 25k+ to tempt me.
Thanks but to me they just aren’t worth it. I paid £7k for me with about 20k on years ago. Had my fun. Yes they are rare and special car but £25k, come on!

My useage has changed as well I do 20k a year in a boring diesel. But I have an Exige 410 Anniversary in the garage as a toy. If Trophy’s were sensible money I’d buy one just for nostalgia but they aren’t and iv been there and done it.