ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest cambelt/service prices...

Spooky

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT
I've owned my 99% oe car for coming up to 2 years now...its done 16k from the 31k I bought it at including over 60 sqms at Pod, numerous long journeys along with everyday abuse :cool:

I need to do the belts as well as the dephaser pulley, I'm not enjoying the diesel type rattle I've endured for the last few months :evil:

A couple of questions -

How much are dephaser pulleys retailing for nowadays?

What are the going rates for fitting new a cambelt/dephaser pulley to a Ph1 172?

How long should this procedure take?

Looking forward to the responses...:p

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Have a look in the traders section mate, btm and 519 automotive have all the info you need :)

Spooky

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT
Diesel type rattle = cambelt ? My 1.2 sounds a bit diesel like :-/

Yea the dephaser pulley, so the belts will need to be replaced when changing it, you'll know what I mean if you could hear my car!

Lionel Richie
"apparently" i know what i'm doing, after 10years of working on RS cars and all my motorsport shizzle i'd hope so! £465 for the belt kits fitted inc vat, dephaser with oil and filter change (has to be done) is £200 on top inc vat, 12months warranty

some companies aren't VAT registered though remember, so they may be cheaper but the sods are technically making more profit :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
"apparently" i know what i'm doing, after 10years of working on RS cars and all my motorsport shizzle i'd hope so! £465 for the belt kits fitted inc vat, dephaser with oil and filter change (has to be done) is £200 on top inc vat, 12months warranty

some companies aren't VAT registered though remember, so they may be cheaper but the sods are technically making more profit :(

Genuine question, why would that matter to the consumer?

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Rentech in portsmouth did the belts on my 182ff for £415 recently, would've been £250ish for you (without climate), not sure if their offer's still on though.

JMS in chertsey are also closer to you than the previous suggestions.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Well worth it, Ren7oaks wanted £560 for just belts and fitting (aux belt and tensioner were only 18 months old).

ITB'd MK1

that's b****cks

you claim it back on the price you pay for the parts you muppet, meaning being non VAT reg'd makes parts cost more to start with. It all works out to be near enough square