ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lawro's BG 182

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Like a moth to the flame, I accidentally bought another 182 a few weeks ago.

Purchased from Dan @ SJM with a mere 108K on the clock, FSH, both cup packs and just 2 owners from new.

It was not nice at all when I picked it up.. Badman tints, wheels that looked like they had been driven along the kerb for its entire life, moss growing in the door shuts, a spiders nest in the boot and I don't think it had ever been cleaned. I overlooked all of that because it was a genuine car, completely standard, all original paint with decent history.

21522291711_ec3932f16f_c.jpg
BG 182 by Lawrence Parsons, on Flickr

Plan was to tidy it up, few choice modifications and get it looking fresh to use as a daily thrasher..

Time scale: 2 weeks

Picked the car up from Dan after having a new clutch, belts and dephaser replaced and a service.

From there I've set about tidying it up a little over the last 2 weeks..

-New Shocks
-CookSport Front Springs
-Eibach Sportline Rear Springs
-15mm Eibach Spacers front and rear
-Freshly Refurbed Trophy Turini's in Titanium Silver and protected with GTechniq C5
-Prospeed Exhaust polished and refitted
-RS Tuner 98RON Remap
-Goodyear Eagle F1's
-Headlight Refurb
-New Numberplate Light
-Fresh Numberplates
-New Foglights
-Silvatec Bulbs
-Skoda Fabia Splitter
-Stubby Aerial
-Calipers painted
-Arches Cleaned and Protected
-Tints removed
-Interior deep cleaned
-Paint decontaminated and corrected
-Gyeon Prime Glass coating applied
-Plastics Treated

Few shots along the way..

21522287511_483fec4eee_c.jpg

21326702749_5f62a0a6bc_c.jpg

21513610675_cbabeb926b_c.jpg

21487363116_b92ce24474_c.jpg

21326688899_aecff10447_c.jpg

21326644039_d57e47b3f3_c.jpg

21325740828_44f20a6771_c.jpg

21487333336_9765ed381f_c.jpg

21513588985_39ef8b68eb_c.jpg

20890851324_2c78bb982b_c.jpg

21487391676_4bf6b520f8_c.jpg

And this is the final article..

20890350224_a77ec75073_c.jpg

21486884596_f463e5d037_c.jpg

21486896966_0953c2f89d_c.jpg

Enjoy..

Looking good! Especially in the time frame given.
I'm also in the process of getting my turinis refurbed in a bright silver, looks awesome against black imo :wink: is the c5 easy to apply? I'll need to protect them properly once done.

Also what exhaust system you running? Last photo the tips look abit.. Flaccid hahaha. Mean looking.. But flaccid. In that photo anyway.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looking good! Especially in the time frame given.
I'm also in the process of getting my turinis refurbed in a bright silver, looks awesome against black imo :wink: is the c5 easy to apply? I'll need to protect them properly once done.

Also what exhaust system you running? Last photo the tips look abit.. Flaccid hahaha. Mean looking.. But flaccid. In that photo anyway.

Thanks, it's a nice combo and different to the usual BG and Anthracite.

C5 is brilliant, I've been using it for years. Extremely durable and easy to apply. Only negative is it's very hard to see when applying but that's pretty standard for these type of wheel sealants.

The exhaust is a ProSpeed system.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Thats gorgeous mate, what's the bodywork/paint condition like.

You given the bay a wipe down?

Thanks man!

It's pretty decent now after correction! Few stone chips and the odd mark here and there but it's completely original paint. Never seen any paint at all which is pretty rare for these!

That's next on the list.. Going to send the inlets etc off for powdercoating as per my previous one and crack on with it shortly.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks awesome, how did you get you wheel arches so clean?

Good job

Thanks fella!

I used GTechniq W5 Citrus Cleaner 1:5, lots of elbow grease with various brushes and Tardis!

Protected with GTechniq C2v3 and plastics dressed with CarPro Perl.

Had the car 2 weeks and its already miles better than mine, Unsurprising though considering your old one.

Looks lovely mate!

Haha, thanks man!

I like to get cracking, can't have a dirty car. ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would never expect anything less from you Lawro but that looks like a new car. Great stuff!

Exhaust looks perfect I like the ones that follow the shape of the bumper ala Milltek.

Exterior with C2v3? Temporary LSP?

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
That's looks amazing all done in 2 weeks. It mine doesn't even look hals as good and I've had it 9 years lol

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Would never expect anything less from you Lawro but that looks like a new car. Great stuff!

Exhaust looks perfect I like the ones that follow the shape of the bumper ala Milltek.

Exterior with C2v3? Temporary LSP?

Thanks man, I'm very pleased with it!

Exterior was coated in Gyeon Prime, was very impressed with it on the TT so went for it again. Only coated the arches with C2V3, seems to work well and it's nice and durable too.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Wouldn't go that far,maybe call the AAfor you if the turbo packed in on way to Bethlehem Tom.Wish Dan well if he goes for it and NO hes not having my blackfire sealant .

Looks excellent mate, really nice! What type are the eibach spacers if you don't mind me asking? The wheels sit spot on imo, I have the cup alloys which are the same et as your trophy wheels if I'm not mistaken? Could see a set of these spacers being added to the suspension parts I'm in the process of getting together!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Looks excellent mate, really nice! What type are the eibach spacers if you don't mind me asking? The wheels sit spot on imo, I have the cup alloys which are the same et as your trophy wheels if I'm not mistaken? Could see a set of these spacers being added to the suspension parts I'm in the process of getting together!

Apologies for the slow response.

Thanks, they're bolt to hub style spacers so you can retain your standard wheel bolts. I then just used some wheel bolt covers to finish off.

That's correct they're ET43 from memory, in honesty you could go for 20mm spacers up front if you wanted. That's the setup I was running on my old Titanium, only reason I went for 15's all round is I got them cheap from a local chap who I bought the wheels from. Sits nice though with no rubbing or anything.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
When you say everything is for sale.......... How much would you be looking at to let got of this?