ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Le Mans 2015

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got a response from the fromage eaters.

Tickets and camping all sorted. Campsite is a new one apparently called les epinettes. ?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The likely hood of us going to lemans now or at least me and my fellow biker of the group is looking slim. The organisers of our campsite emailed yesterday stating we are not allowed our bikes on the campsite despite having purchased tickets etc.

Really pissed off however if it comes to it we will probably go to Normandy for a ride instead.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Wtf that's s**t! Which campsite? A private one I assume?
Epinettes I believe it's called?

Beyond pissed off with them mate. But there's no reasoning with the french it would seem. Haven't given up but it's looking bleak.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Epinettes I believe it's called?

Beyond pissed off with them mate. But there's no reasoning with the french it would seem. Haven't given up but it's looking bleak.

That's a normal ACO campsite, I have a funny feeling there is a mix up here on the french side, pit/monkey/mini motorbikes are banned due to them both being illegal on the road etc, I cannot see them not letting legally ridden motorcycles in, I'd just turn up to be honest. You won't get turned away.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That's a normal ACO campsite, I have a funny feeling there is a mix up here on the french side, pit/monkey/mini motorbikes are banned due to them both being illegal on the road etc, I cannot see them not letting legally ridden motorcycles in, I'd just turn up to be honest. You won't get turned away.

Long way to go if there's an issue though. They've emailed my brother in law stating they don't allow motorcycle but perhaps you're on to something mate.
I'll get on to them as and when I can.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I'm going again this year, I've been every year since 2006 except last year. Probably take the Skoda for its huge boot & cruise control.

Rough breakdown of costs for Le Mans newbies:
Eurotunnel ~£170 including breakdown cover (ferries can be had cheaper)
Tolls - €32.80 each way (see http://www.autoroutes.fr/index.htm)
Entrance ticket - €75 for the weekend (can buy it when you get there, but queues can be big if you go at the wrong time)
Camping - see http://ticket.lemans.org/ for official campsites
Fuel probably £50+ each way from Calais plus whatever you need to get to Dover/Folkestone
Food - £10-15/day
Drink - depends how thirsty you are ;) beer is expensive inside the track (5 or 6 euros for 0.5l I think)

My recommendations for cheap currency:
Credit card with no fees (I have a Halifax Clarity - use to buy entrance ticket & food)
Pre-paid currency card (Caxton or similar - use to withdraw cash while you're there)
Pre-ordered currency (compare and order online)

With 2-3 people per car it should cost us under £350 each for everything this year.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
The people we are dealing with won't back down despite explaining to them. But we have spoken with a great local b&b owner who has offered to keep our bikes in his secure barn for free ☺

That's fucked up, don't put it off because of a few muppets, if you've never been before it's well worth a visit.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That's fucked up, don't put it off because of a few muppets, if you've never been before it's well worth a visit.
I'm trying to find out whether this b&b has proper secure parking or just a gated drive way. My sister who is helping organising is a penis and doesn't realise how easy bikes are to nick! She just thinks we should leave them on a path in the centre of lemans lol

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going again this year, I've been every year since 2006 except last year. Probably take the Skoda for its huge boot & cruise control.

Rough breakdown of costs for Le Mans newbies:
Eurotunnel ~£170 including breakdown cover (ferries can be had cheaper)
Tolls - €32.80 each way (see http://www.autoroutes.fr/index.htm)
Entrance ticket - €75 for the weekend (can buy it when you get there, but queues can be big if you go at the wrong time)
Camping - see http://ticket.lemans.org/ for official campsites
Fuel probably £50+ each way from Calais plus whatever you need to get to Dover/Folkestone
Food - £10-15/day
Drink - depends how thirsty you are :wink: beer is expensive inside the track (5 or 6 euros for 0.5l I think)

My recommendations for cheap currency:
Credit card with no fees (I have a Halifax Clarity - use to buy entrance ticket & food)
Pre-paid currency card (Caxton or similar - use to withdraw cash while you're there)
Pre-ordered currency (compare and order online)

With 2-3 people per car it should cost us under £350 each for everything this year.

Which site are you on mate?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
All sorted. After a number of emails and phone calls the bikes are allowed on the campsite. Finally got them to swap two car tickets for two bikes and will be parking the cars in a car park instead.