ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leak from top of windscreen

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I'm taking in water from top of windscreen anytime it rains. I need a new trim also as top one is missing and side ones ain't the best !

I got quoted £70 for it to be removed and refitted , I've seen a Renault trim is about £35 for the windscreen , am I best claiming for a new screen on insurance?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I'm taking in water from top of windscreen anytime it rains. I need a new trim also as top one is missing and side ones ain't the best !

I got quoted £70 for it to be removed and refitted , I've seen a Renault trim is about £35 for the windscreen , am I best claiming for a new screen on insurance?
I would definitely claim for a new windscreen and buy the Renault windscreen kit off rpd.

The kit is virtually impossible to fit without taking the windscreen off .

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Been quoted £80 just to have my windscreen taken out an re-installed I may aswell claim for a new screen on my insurance

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Don't forget that Renault OEM windscreens will very likely be much better quality than A.N.Other random windscreen from whichever company your insurance company is tied to - I had the valver screen replaced through insurance and it was as rippled as a 15th century church window. It was f**king annoying.

This thread is worth a read on PH:

My Autoglass one is a Pilkington unit with the solar screen, i was panicking when they came to do it thinking they'd give me a cheap 1.2 screen.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I need to check if its actually the original window , ive got a feeling its been changed before my ownership and was fitted shite !

Will have alook later see what make the screen is