ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N/s/f window replacement

Clio mk2 1.2
Evening all.
I recently had trouble with my key fob not doing its literal one job and allowing me to risk my life on the roads. After discovering the physical key does not open the only lock, replacing the annoyingly difficult to find battery, and attempting the whole coat hanger to abort the central locking I chose to disassemble the nsr window with a brick.
I am a bit savvy with cars so I thought replacing a window won’t be to annoying.
I’ve cleared the glass top to bottom, thoroughly, like I could put it all together like a jigsaw puzzle thoroughly.
But the new glass fits snug up the the closed position and the mount on the regulator won’t line up.
I have unbolted the regulator assembly completely and tried refitting once the window is attached and it won’t get into position. I’ve triple checked the trim top down and there is no glass left in there to block movement. The fitment is out by 4mm
Am I missing something? Any ideas?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Any pictures? May make it easier for someone to spot what's going wrong.
Side note, love your writing style, you should hang around.

Clio mk2 1.2
sorry for no pictures, I have since fixed the window in. The regulator needed the good old unplug, plug-in treatment. I’m going to assume fitment is impossible with the window regulator at the closed position. And I’m sure my iPhone would only show off its potato skill if tried to show you.