ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking 182 headlamp washer

Cliosport 182
The offside headlamp washer jet has started to leak - nearside no problem any ideas for solving this problem and save wasting my screenwasher over garage floor??

Lotus Exige, 182
mark fish does a one way valve modification. takes about 10 minutes. believe renault also offer it too now. I've had it done, sorted mine out after I lost about 20l this winter!

There's quite a few threads about this on here.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think this is worth adding to the guides section as it's definitely useful.

I replaced my headlight washerjet with a brand new unit...and it leaked.

So I fitted one of these : http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_176885_langId_-1_categoryId_165746

To the piping and it works a treat...cost of fix, £2.29. I hear Renault started fitting similar valves as a warranty repair as they had been having so many problems!

Hope this helps.

Adam

Cheers for this mate, gotta go get 2 of these ASAP!

Clio 172mk2
the one way valves from halfrauds worked for me, just fitted them both under the near side arch

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I don't get how they would work, and they never did for me.

Surely a one way valve would just stop the water running from the washer jet, back into the tank. And it never does that anyway,

Clio 172mk2
ye thats correct what yer saying , but the spring holding the valve stops water with both directions, untill theres enough pressure for it to flow through right way.

the fish tank air valves are weaker, and u can blow through them to see which way they go the halfords ones are pretty strong cos i couldnt blow through them