ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaking Headlight Washer

Clio 172 mk2 & Clio 3 DCi
Afternoon All

Just had my cambelt changed and got my car back. Left for work yesterday morning and noticed a small pool of water on the floor underneath the bumper.
The coolant level is fine, only thing i can think of is the headlight washer jet leaking.

Is this an easy DIY job?. as i dont want to lose the car again for a few days for this.

Fairly handy at dismantling things so dont mind giving it a go. :D

what sort of washer is it?. sure you can get another one rather than being shafted by renault for one.

spose, just frustrates me when you buy it and realise you can get the same thing for 50p somewhere else.

i will get one ordered and get it the weekend i guess. never removed the bumper so it should be interesting.

Vauxhall corsa x2
i would do the pair while your at it. the little ball-bearing in them sticks open and then water comes out. when the get really bad they'll empty you washer bottle overnight. Very annoying. the bumper is fairly easy to remove, just take your time. once u get it off, u'll see there it a huge nut behind each jet. they should only be finger tight, no-more. then its just a case of removing the plastic shim/washer and the sliding the jet out. its that simple.

RS clio 182
or ,as they are totally useless you could just take fuse out ,takes a couple of days to drain , no more little trails of water.

i will take them off and have a look, going to give renault a call tommorow. dont suppose anyone has a part number?