ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leaking oil(1.2 16v)

Focus RS
Hey folks

Ive got a 1.2 16v Clio just now that will be getting sold in the next few months. But it's got an oil leak that's getting a little worse.

Its coming from the drivers side of the engine bay as that's where the drips are on the ground.

I will get it on the ramps tomorrow and have a look if the weather stays dry but is there any common places to look at first? I know the oil filter canister(think mines is the paper element not the metal can) so does the plastic part that holds the filter have an o ring that could have been damaged? I've only had the car for a month or 2 so not done an oil change yet.

Cheers

Arctic Blue FF 182
There are 2 o rings on the plastic housing. New ones come with the new paper filters I have found when doing them in the past. So there is the potential for them to have been damages when refitting.

Focus RS
Right bought a filter, oil and a sump plug so will change the oil tomorrow. Filter comes with the 2 o rings so that's fine.

But had another look and the drip looks like its coming from a more central part of the engine. Any other parts that tend to leak?

Cheers