ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking power steering fluid..

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
:mad: my power steering fluid has leaked and now cant really turn the damm wheel, how much r renault gonna charge me for this, hopefully its just a split pipe???? anyone have any idea of costs?????????????????

Pipes are very very expensive £180 I think each the 182 has redesigned ones which are better but again expensive.
Contact matt Black though 01254 386661 he will have some cheaper for sale.

Don't let the pump run dry though otherwise it breaks

wrx sti ppp (305bhp)
think the pump may be fucked, there was a small amount of smoke comming from it and very loud noises..... god knows is it worth puttin more fluid in so theres some back in the pump?

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Mine was leaking power steering fluid a couple of weeks ago. Mike at Rentech checked It out and it was the front seal on the power steering pump that was leaking. Got new pump seals replaced for £50 plus vat and a bit of labour to remove and refit the pump....

downs523 said:
think the pump may be f**ked, there was a small amount of smoke comming from it and very loud noises..... god knows is it worth puttin more fluid in so theres some back in the pump?
If the pumps broken its waste of time.
It should be done under warently the pipe but the broken pump (assuming it is) might need to be paid by you if so then I'd personally ask Renault dealership for the parts and do the job yoursefl chnaging the pump would cost about £100 from Renault most likly if you have to pay then a new pumps a lot of money or Matt's one second hand they might not want to fit or charge you if there any problems.

See what the garage says though. Try drive the car as little as possible IMO maybe best pretenting you didn't notice what was wrong and you were driving a long way etc so no stops and ask for it to be towed to a dealership if its under warently.

downs523 said:
warrenty ran out 2 weeks ago... typical
In that case forget Renault. Ring Matt and order a pump and new pipes. then get a new AUX belt fitted with the new pump. Of you want its not difficult to fit I can send you the pdf.

16v_jon said:
Yeah dont let it run dry.... mine set on fire lol
Ha ha have yo thought about disconneting all the AUX stuff (alternator has to be connected but remove the pump and run an electric one) for more hp?