ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaking water from wheel arch

Hi,

Anyone know why I would be leaking water from what seems like an overflow outlet at the top of the passenger side (left) wheel arch?

TIA

MagicPants

Monaco Blue Mk2
lol, my wheel arch was leaking the other week. It was just water from when I had washed it slowly dripping out from behind the arch liner. Was still leaking out a good day or two after.

Megane 225+
Mine was leaking form the washer bottle - right at the bottom where the pipe feeds from - was really tricky to seal. This was running down the wheel arch

Yes, I think that must be it.
We've only recently put the car in the garage, after I've painted the floor. I've noticed that the water colour is a tad blue. Couldn't feel any water leakage from the water bottle to the pipe.

Was yours leaking from inside the housing of the bottle?

Cheers

MagicPants

osbid172 said:
Mine was leaking form the washer bottle - right at the bottom where the pipe feeds from - was really tricky to seal. This was running down the wheel arch

(iceburg sliver) clio 172
my front light washer was leaking, causing it to run down the bumper and inside and bumper and out at the wheel arch.. the full bumper had to come off to reseal the washer feed

I eventually managed to get the wiper arms, cowl & wiper assembly out today to investigate this. It was leaking from the rubber grommet that seals the pump to the washer tank.

Anyone know how these can be resealed?

Cheers

MagicPants

osbid172 said:

Megane 225+
sorry for the delay
same as me - I used bathroom sealant & plenty of it - inside & out.- seems fine after about 3 weeks.