ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky boot or wheel arches

Renault clio
Recently noticed the left side of my boot carpet is really damp, anyone else had an issue? I'm guessing maybe the one of the plastics may have moved or there's a general hole

rsdan

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph2 182
I've got this problem the carpet never seems to get wet as such just damp. Haven't got around to investigating it yet tho :confused:

clio v6
It will be the little grommets by the rear clusters common problem i sealed mine

Attachments

• BLACKGROMMETPIC (1).jpg
    BLACKGROMMETPIC (1).jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 211

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Gromits - 99.9%..

Take the gromits out, clean the painted surface and then put a ring of tigerseal or something similar on there on the outside surface and squeeze them back in so no water can now .

That's all I did and I went from having a lake in the boot quite literally inches deep (how the previous owner didn't realise I'll never know.........) to being completely dry in there all winter.

Noticed mine the other day, as above like a lake in the spare wheels well and carpet was soaked!!

Will get out there this weekend and seal up the grommits

Track 172 Cup
Mine was the same I had no interior and kept getting water where the rear bench would have been I had a loose boot mechanism though and the boot wasn't closing tight, adjusted that and fitted new gromits as I broke the little clips on mine lol and not had an issue since.

182 ff
Recently noticed the left side of my boot carpet is really damp, anyone else had an issue? I'm guessing maybe the one of the plastics may have moved or there's a general hole
mine had water under the back seat.. coming in from the black gromit things.. i got black water proof sealant from halfords.. never leaked since.

2001 Clio 172
Mine has the same issue, wet spare wheel well and under left back seat. Sealed up grommets and left rear window, still have a problem, will try Aerial in the weekend.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
An unusual but not unknown issue is a hole in the sealant that joins the roof to the rear quarters.

Remove your roof rails and check it's not running down to the inside of the boot. It took me 2 months of having the rear stripped to find it as any kind of actual leak finding found nothing!

I'm dragging up a very old thread here I know but my car has just shown a little bit of damp in the boot that I have (hopefully!) attributed to these grommets. What is the best method to remove them without causing any damage to them? Thanks