ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leather colour & ice setup help required

mk2 172

not a clio but what the hell, my VTS is black and has a mainly black interior. iv just totally rebuilt the beast to standard except ofr the exhaust. cos im wanting some refinement. i also have original vts alloys and speedline chronos(2116) in white.

now i want the interior leather trimmed but cant decide on colour, first i wanted black, then i thought white but it might be too hard to clean and now ppl are telling me red! so what do peeps reckon would be best? white would stick out the most and maybe look cool?

also iv got an alpine amp 2 channel jobby in my boot which powers the two front speakers. the back two speakers are original and sound gash. is it worth me swapping the back two out without amping or wont i hear them? i also want a sub, can anyone reccomend one and how they suggest i power it considering my fronts would still need amping. small prob is i want an mp3 player and cd changer too and its all adding in bloody cost! and also in what i need to power them. so two scenarios, one is just add a sub and possibly two back speakers but not have the amp power currently, and two a whole new setup on as little budget as possible

hope that makes some kind of sense cos i cant really make much of it!

ps i wont be back til fri so if anyone replies im not ignoring you:)

ta

craggy

Proper top-notch cream always looks good (see kmillards for an example - mmmmmmm), or you could go with a mid blue/purple for a different look. Wouldnt do red - looks a bit cheap IMO.

i would do a cream or white leather retrim!!!!! most definetly, red would look a bit tacky IMHO

As for you ICE questions mate... I will do my best to answer all your questions coz I just about get what your wanting to know! hehe

The rear speakers should only be changed if you like a bit of rear fill or you like your rear passengers to have some decent sound quality to! Depending what front speakers you have, you should be able to hear the rear ones just about, it all depends what front speakers you have got & where they are positioned! i.e. if they are standard coaxials in the foot wells, you will still be able to hear the rear ones even if the front ones are amped up. I for one like rear fill therefor want quality rear speakers to fill the car with sound!
For a sub, I cannot recommend the Directed Audio range! but it all depends on how much you wanna spend, with the right amp, the Directed Studio 12 sounds amazing, and at £150 it aint too much of a pocket burner! (that price is exc box btw) http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ sell them!
You will need a monoblock amp to run the sub to its full potential (i.e. a one channel amp) but again it depends on how much you have got to spend! the directed sub is 550 RMS, try to get an amp that is closest to his output to get the best & safest results!! www.cel-direct.com sell some nice monoblocks & at a damn good price!
You can get mp3 players for some nice prices now mate! but it again, it depends what ur budget is & what you need it to do! But I really do think its pointless getting a CD changer as well as an mp3 player when an mp3 cd can store about 8 albums minimum on each CD!!! so an unnessescary purchase if you ask me!

Please give a budget mate & I will be able to help you further. have a look around the two above suggested sites for items, they have a good range at good prices

hope that helps
Mark

Quote: Originally posted by connor on 25 June 2003

You will need a monoblock amp to run the sub to its full potential (i.e. a one channel amp) but again it depends on how much you have got to spend! the directed sub is 550 RMS, try to get an amp that is closest to his output to get the best & safest results!! www.cel-direct.com sell some nice monoblocks & at a damn good price!
Wasnt Evil ICE doing bd500.1s at £250?

mk2 172

172gal hope ur fone still on;)

cheers connor, that will certainly help, il be able to let you know more at weekend when i get back once iv priced up the trim better.

white 16 think red bit tacky too, really want white but im scared of muck ruining it

craggy

just make sure everyone knows to be careful & not to eat or smoke in there!!! i.e. only let respectable peoples in!!! which basically means dont let anyone that dont have their own car in coz they know how to treat a car!!!!!
ask Khillmard or however its spelt how he kept his cream interior clean! im sure hes had spillages n that that hes taken care of!

Im not sure white valver, I aint been on his site much? But thats a good price for a monoblock putting out that power! what make is it ? & is that 500 watts rms its putting out or is that peak?
I think he should seperate his amps in to monoblocks, 2 channels, 4 channels etc etc on the site! would make it easier to read :) but I guess im just too lazy to search thru!!

It all depends what your budget is for the system. A change of rear speakers will give you a bit of extra fill but not much without amping them. You would be better investing in an amp and sub and possibly a set of half decent components for the front and then moving your current fronts to the rear (if they will fit) and if budget allows.

I can tell youre probably not heavily into your bass so you might want to look at a 4 or 6 channel amp instead of a monoblock so that you can power your fronts (or fronts and rears) and a sub off the one amp. It will usually work out cheaper and give you better sound quality than using a monoblock due to the variation in technologies.

Some manufacturers now offer changers that do MP3 and CDs. It depends what headunbit you have at the moment as to which one will be best suited to you.

Basing everything on an SQ setup and considering you are working to a tightish budget I would say go for the following

JBL GTO6000 6 Channel amp for fronts, rears and sub - £175

MB Quart DSD213 Components - £85

Front Speakers moved to rear

JL Audio 12W3 V2 in 1cuft sealed box - £199

CD/MP3 Changer - around £250 depending on make required.

Hope that helps

Russ

Evil I.C.E. Car Audio

www.evilice.co.uk

The Rockford Fosgate bd500.1s are £290 for a limited time only as there arent many left in the country now. The 500xs we were selling cheap have already all gone.

The bd500 is rated at 500watts RMS but in typical Rockford style the birthsheet usually comes with a figure of over 700 watts RMS at 2ohms.

I can also confirm that the amp is 100% 1ohm stable meaning that if needs be, the power can be taken up to around the 1kw mark with no problems when using 4 gauge or higher cable...how much of a bargain do you want really.

White Valver. We have a pair of bd500.1s which are second hand going for £250 each still.

Russ

Id love to take em off your hands so I could start a mental install, but I *really* cant justify putting anything else on the plastic when Im earning the pittance of a wage that Im on at the moment! If youd be so kind as to keep em by for a while... ;)

Dont worry though - youll be my first port of call when the motors up and running! :)

mk2 172

right guys thanks for the advice - update, car is going in for the re-trim in cream on monday hehe, the front seats are having the citroen sport logo embroidered into them and the rears the vts logo at either side. gonna be a week though gutting, butchered some headrests from a 406 i think will look better also at my local scrappy

think im gonna get the sub, amp and stick with my current fronts for time being but at least it will be upgradeable then maybe swap the head unit and components as im skint as this fukker is costing me a fukkin fortune. specially considerein i spent 500 on buckets for a couple of weeks and now there out doh!

thanks again

craggy

Elise/VX220/R26

Craggy m8 I think youve made a mistake with the leather. I think a lead retrim would have been a lot better. You want a bit more wieght on that saxo, slow it down a bit.

On the sub front I can reccomend Kenwood tornados. Just got a 700W 12" with a Kenwood KAC 629S amp for £125 souds good and its pretty fekkin loud. www.alphacaraudio.co.uk do them.