ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED interior + number plate lights

?
Does anyone know which LEDS i need to buy to change my number plate illumination light and also the interior light? I want a VERY bright xenon white colour.

Cheers, Ahmed

EDIT - BTW they are for a mk2ph1 !!!

Last edited:
  Ph1 172 + Combo van
interior is a 36mm festoon bulb you can get them off ebay for a decent price, the same in the boot too.
number plate light is not a festoon or a 501 i think it has one pin on the bottom:S

?
interior is a 36mm festoon bulb you can get them off ebay for a decent price, the same in the boot too.
number plate light is not a festoon or a 501 i think it has one pin on the bottom:S

Ordered a r50w for the licence plate light after checking mine...

and ordered a 39mm festoon bulb for my interior... this should fit shouldnt it?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
yep 39mm should fit the connectors do bend. i tried a 42mm in there and it worked fine but was a bit of a squeeze!

182-racing-blue

interior is a festoon as long as you dont have interior/map reading, then you need W5W (501) fitment.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
am i right in saying the boots light is 39mm, and not sure about interior as it is not festoon its just a bulb?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
am i right in saying the boots light is 39mm, and not sure about interior as it is not festoon its just a bulb?
boot is 36 but 39 will fit, not 100% as mines a ph1 but the interior light on mine is also a 36mm festoon, if you have the map reading light then i think that is a sidelight bulb which is a 501, once again very cheap of ebay for the led versions

182-racing-blue

I have white led 501's and they really make a difference, light the whole interior up like a garage forecourt.

I have the same led's in my sidelights and they dont emit any light at all just provide a nice addition to the xenons.

You can get Rainbow or coloured fetsoon bulbs. Each festoon has 4 led lights inside it instead of a filament, so the rainbow ones cycle slowly through each colour (for all you sad bastids out there) for maximum brightness make sure when you fit festoons you have the 4 led's facing down.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
are you sure its 501 for the map and courtesy light in a mk2 ph2 1.2 as it says something like 236 on the bulb?

?
Just recieved my 9 led 39mm festoon for the interior light. Fitted it, however I have some questions / complaints and someone whos done this mod before might be able to help? Firstly the interior light doesnt come on when i lock/unlock the car anymore or when the doors open and only comes on when you manually click it into position. Secondly it seems very dim.

Any ideas? :(

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Still doesnt look that bright... maybe because it is daytime :p

Btw, we need a guide on this!
is yours a ph1 mk2 clio mate? i have had mine for a while and it doesnt work when you turn it on manually it just goes off. other than that its fine though. just wanted to know if yours does that too?

?
Yeh its a mk2ph1... read this thread mate... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=322209&page=2&highlight=led+light+doesnt+turn+on its to do with the fact that the led is polarised so in one direction it only works when doors open and in the other direction it only works when its wired up manually. Theres no way to get around it really. You have to make the choice... personally i prefer it to be on when i lock/unlock the car as i think it looks cool at night and i never use the manual light function :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yeh thanks i use it fine and it comes on when i unlock the car its just if you need to read a map or something in the dark you have to open the door for the light to come on, as when you switch the lamp to the on position it just goes off. also in yours in the normal position with doors shut does it shine i small bit of light through which is only really noticable in the dark?

?
Just checked it out in the dark... a very cheap and effective mod. Yes it does shine slightly even when its not on / doors closed... but i kind of like it its hardly noticeable.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
ill take pics now

Its dark near you?
Kind of in my garage!
Not really great pics but you get the idea. they are much brighter and fill the whole cabin with a bright white light when it is really dark but the camera doesnt really pick this up
clio038.jpg

clio039.jpg

clio042.jpg

clio045.jpg