ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lee I Need Your Help

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
ive heard you don nit all 172 182 128 tropy so i need your help basically i was orginally looking for 172 53?04 with cruise in my colur the iceberg silverive i was gonna put some coillovers and 182 but ive noticed some cheap 182 in the same price range i realy love the 172 silver but not th182 one i prefer black in 182 so what can you tell boat the 2 cars what would you do also how boat performance and drive build quality:dead:

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
oh dear lord, the sad thing is, this sort of thing is going to become more frequent with the prices of 172s falling into the ' chav ' bracket, ffs! I'm just waiting for 172s with dodge viper stripes, ironing board spoilers, etc, etc.

Lee

BMW M2C
If I'm reading the question right, you want to know if it's worth getting the 182 over the 172.

It depends on a few things IMO. Personally I'd pick the 182 but only because it's the newer model. Performance wise there's next to nothing in it, a fag paper wouldn't split them. Handling wise a Cup packed 182 has better levels of grip and corners slightly flatter, but if you intend to mess with the suspension that's not going to bother you.

For me the best of the range have been the Cup and Trophy, but that's only because they drive so well, even if comfort is compromised.

If I'd known 3 years ago what I know now I would have bought a 172 Cup, and then the Trophy. Instead I had a 172, then got the 182 with Cup packs as the Cup wasn't available new anymore.

Whichever one you chose you won't be disappointed in any of the Renault Sport Clios.

mk2 clio 172
Ryan lezlie said:
ive heard you don nit all 172 182 128 tropy so i need your help basically i was orginally looking for 172 53?04 with cruise in my colur the iceberg silverive i was gonna put some coillovers and 182 but ive noticed some cheap 182 in the same price range i realy love the 172 silver but not th182 one i prefer black in 182 so what can you tell boat the 2 cars what would you do also how boat performance and drive build quality:dead:

What planet are you on??

Octavia VRS
Ryan lezlie said:

lol. Sentences, full stops, punctuation my friend!! ;)

i know my typeing has been realy crazy but i just type so fast that i miss so much leeters sorry i got dial up as well so that doesnt help'HEY i did get a B for my a Level english;)

Ad

MK2 FRS
Some of the comments are harsh on this... How are we going to grow the club if we put newbies off with critcical comments like the above.

I think you would be best if you drove them and decided then mate... Ive had 172 and 182 and there wasnt much to choose between them, however, I am aware that cup and trophy are different to the rest. It is all about personal taste.

Ryan lezlie said:

I've heard you have had a 172, 182, and a 182 Trophy. So i need your help. Basically I was orginally looking for a 172 on 53/04 plate, with cruise control, in iceberg silver. I was gonna put some coilovers on and 182 wheels, but I've noticed some cheap 182's in the same price range. I really love the 172 silver but not the 182 one, I prefer black on the 182. So what can you tell me about the 2 cars? What would you do? Also how about performance, drive, and build quality?

That is my attempt at translating his message :D

:rasp:
adtmits said:
Some of the comments are harsh on this... How are we going to grow the club if we put newbies off with critcical comments like the above.

I think you would be best if you drove them and decided then mate... Ive had 172 and 182 and there wasnt much to choose between them, however, I am aware that cup and trophy are different to the rest. It is all about personal taste.

thanks mate?lissen i anit know chav coz iam a indian and if you look at my edication historey ,and see me in person you wont be saying this trust.I"am a true indian punjabi who loves his roti ask kully sport he knows what i mean.All i'am after is some advice "your lucky i didnt have a disability or i could take these comments personal anyway its all cool?

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^^ I got something similar mate! Although i did (at first) think he was actually interested in buying a boat and trying to make it as fast as a 172/182/trophy! lmao.

His excuse is typing quickly? What's the point in that if it makes no sense? I think he needs to slow down, and read through what he has written to make sure it reads correctly, so that, other memebers on this forum don't think he is a complete goon!

Tyson.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Why do people waste other forum user's time with crap like this? He/she will probably move onto a CTR, LCR, FRS forum now and do exactly the same thing.

Weirdo.

Good move Griff.... :)

D.